1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2008 6:00 AM by Robert Hirst

Error while converting Image -to- PDF and then to PDF/A

Level 1
      Hi,

I'm trying to convert a Image format(JPEG,bmp,tiff) to PDF and then to PDF/A. I could able to convert Image to PDF successfully.

I'm getting the below error while converting the PDF(that was generated) to PDF/A.

Caused by: com.adobe.livecycle.output.exception.OutputException: Input Document is a already flat PDF Document
      at com.adobe.printSubmitter.PrintServer.transformPDF(PrintServer.java:307)
      at com.adobe.printSubmitter.service.OutputServiceImpl.transformPDFInTxn(OutputServiceImpl.ja va:518)
      at com.adobe.printSubmitter.service.OutputServiceImpl$4.doInTransaction(OutputServiceImpl.ja va:481)
      ... 106 more
      Error OCCURRED: ALC-DSC-000-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCException: Internal error.

Please give me the solution to convert PDF to PDF/A?
        • 1. Re: Error while converting Image -to- PDF and then to PDF/A
          Robert Hirst Level 1
          I've just read a footnote in the API documentation which indicates that the transformPDF function cannot be used for this purpose:

"GS_Enterprise said on Nov 24, 2007 at 12:03 PM :

Please note that the parameter "inPdfDoc" for transformPDF assumes that the stream content is an XFA-based PDF, and that it's not an XFA-based PDF with a PDF background (also known as "XFA foreground"). In other words, this function does not convert any input PDF to PDF/A, but only those PDFs generated from an XFA template which does not include any static PDF content as a background."