5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2008 4:25 AM by (sushant_pate)

Batch Mode Output ES

Level 1
        • 1. Re: Batch Mode Output ES
          Level 1
          Hi,
          I am trying to use the Batch Mode in the Output ES.When the files are generated they contain names such as
          pdf0001.pdf
          pdf0002.pdf
          pdf0003.pdf

Is there some way I can provide different names to all the PDFs generated say:
          sushant.pdf
          rakesh.pdf
          gupta.pdf

I am providing just one XML file as input(with many records).

Regards,
          Sushant
          • 2. Re: Batch Mode Output ES
            Level 1
            are you using workflow to do this?
            • 3. Re: Batch Mode Output ES
              Level 1
              No I am not.

I am just setting the setGenerateMany to true and setting the name of the file via setFileUri.

Now, since this is not possible I would be designing a custom process(on the workbench) that receives a list of Adobe documents, a list of file names, render and pdf options and call the generatePDF service for all the documents(one by one). By doing this atleast I will not have to set the render and pdfoptions again and again(only the file names need to be set) this can be acheived by using an XPATH expression.

If u have some other suggestions do let me know,

Thanks
              Sushant
              • 4. Re: Batch Mode Output ES
                It cannot generate distinct names for each record file.
                Where do you have the mapping from data record to file name that you wish to generate? Is it in the data XMl only? If it is in the batch data only than one posisble alternate would be:

1) Generate batch files as you are doing -- getting pdf001.pdf, pdf002.pdf ...etc.
                2) Enable meta data generation for the batch.
                3) In meta data configuration do map the data field that have the unique name that you wish to use as your file name, to a tag let's say "uniqueName".
                4) In addition to the regular meta data, the generated meta data file would provide you following information:
                a) Actual phisical file name of each record, like --pdf00n.pdf
                b) "uniqueName" tag for each record set, like -- "rakesh.pdf".

Now you can possibly use this meta data mapping between the generated file name and the unique name in each record to do the required post processing.

Thanks
                --Arvind
                • 5. Re: Batch Mode Output ES
                  Level 1
                  Hi,
                  I am getting the following repetative information in my logs when I invoke a custom service on livecycle server these errors tend to repeat themselves (atleast 5 times for each invocation) and my Custom service dosent get called.

[3/18/08 8:19:21:164 EDT] 00000039 AWS A com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil invokeAction Invoking action synchronously
                  [3/18/08 8:19:21:570 EDT] 00000039 AWS A com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil invokeAction Invoking action synchronously
                  [3/18/08 8:19:21:586 EDT] 00000039 ThrottleContr A com.adobe.livecycle.output.logging.OutputLogger logMessage ALC-OUT-001-711: Acquired Service Pool Lock successfully.
                  [3/18/08 8:19:21:758 EDT] 0000003d XMLFormServic W com.adobe.service.ProcessResource$ManagerImpl log $$$/com/adobe/document/xmlform/msg.XFA=Invalid version: The current version of the XFA template model exceeds the capability of Acrobat / Adobe Reader 6.
                  [3/18/08 8:19:21:961 EDT] 00000039 ThrottleContr A com.adobe.livecycle.output.logging.OutputLogger logMessage ALC-OUT-001-712: Released Service Pool Lock successfully.

I am using Adobe Acrobat version 8.0. My forms are designed through LiveCycle Designer ver 7 and I am currently using LiveCycle Output ES ver 8.0 .. I also have the GeneratePDF installed on the server but I am not using it.

regards,
                  Sushant