5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2008 8:01 AM by pguerett

Problem with Data in Form

Level 1
      I have begun using the Form feature in Adobe 8.0. I have made my forms using the Livecycle designer. I have received back completed forms via email and then I have entered the data in the actual form itself by hitting "import data." When doing so I've noticed that there are some responses that show a little bit of the answer but then there is this plus sign (+) and when I click on it, it allows me to see the rest of the response(by scrolling over).

My problem is when I print off the form, it still has this plus sign on there and it doesn't show the complete answer. The only way to see the entire response is if you scroll over on the form on the computer. I was wondering how you get it to show the entire response and get rid of the plus sign???

Any help would be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Problem with Data in Form
          pguerett Level 6
          The + signs are appearing to indicate to you that there is more data in the field than there is visible on the screen. There are two solutions to this.

1. Make the fields so that they can dynamically grow to fit the content that is entered into them. This involves re-engineering the form. There is a sample of this that ships with the product and is located at this location from the root of the designer install:

EN\Samples\Forms\Purchase Order\Dynamic Interactive\Forms

Have a look at the comments field at the bottom of the form. If you put in too much info then it will grow to show all data after you tab out of the field.

2. You can have it so that the text that is inserted into the field can shrink to fit the visible area. This is the easier of the solutions. To do this, set the field up to allow multi-line and limit length to visible area. Then on the Font palette, click on the right arrow below the Font tab (beside the text "currently editing caption and value"). Choose the Edit Value option. The text will update to say "currently editing Value properties. Change the font size to 0 (you will have to type in a 0. Now when the amount of text exceeds the visible area the font size will drop a value to allow you to see all text. This can be a negative as well for if we put too much text in then the font becomes so small that we connot read it.....but it is easier.

Hope this helps
          • 2. Re: Problem with Data in Form
            I tried this but I still get the scroll bar rather than the text going to page 2; what am I missing?
            • 3. Re: Problem with Data in Form
              pguerett Level 6
              Are you rendering your form as a dynamic form?
              • 5. Re: Problem with Data in Form
                pguerett Level 6
                Can you post and a sample data file to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.