4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2008 4:56 AM by HowardTreisman

Task Deadline XPath Variable

Stuart Mail Level 1
      Hi

I'm trying to add an XPath variable to set a Deadline for a User step in a LC ES workflow.

The LC ES Help states that - Task Deadline
      A complex data type that holds deadline information used in User service operations for deadlines.

And gives the data items but as a new user has anyone got an example of an XPath (or even the basic Variable Structure) that works as none of the formats I've tried seem to ?

Taking this a little further what I'm trying to do is only Deadline a Task after a period of time after it has been ' Claimed' form a Group User Inbox - so the Task can't get stuck indefinitely in a Users Task Queue if they go sick, on holiday, etc.

I only want to Deadline to fire if the task has been Claimed by a User (not while it is sitting in the Group Inbox) - does anyone know how to detect if a task has been 'Claimed' or not ?

Thanks - Stuart
        • 1. Re: Task Deadline XPath Variable
          Level 1
          hi
          mail mergeandfuse@gmail.com,will try to help you out
          • 2. Re: Task Deadline XPath Variable
            Level 1
            you would need to xpath into the variable of type TaskDeadline and set the days to a integer which represents the actual days when the deadline occurs, also you would need to set the enabled property of the taskDeadline variable to true
            • 3. Re: Task Deadline XPath Variable
              Level 1
              "Taking this a little further what I'm trying to do is only Deadline a Task after a period of time after it has been ' Claimed' form a Group User Inbox - so the Task can't get stuck indefinitely in a Users Task Queue if they go sick, on holiday, etc"

The deadline timer starts when the task is created (placed in the group queue), and there is no way to reset the deadline timer when a user claims the task.

However, the deadline is still 'active' once the user claims the task.

scott
              • 4. Re: Task Deadline XPath Variable
                HowardTreisman Level 1
                Hi Scott
                The only way I can think of doing something this complex is to subscribe to a claim event, and handle it explicitly within a process, rather than using the default deadline handling.
                You'd probably need to call the deadline operation on the TaskManager component, although off the top of my head, I don't know if that's orchestratable - you may need a customer component.
                I have no idea whether this would actually work though - let us all know... :)
                Howard