1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 29, 2007 6:42 AM by Jasmin Charbonneau

help needed on how to assign string value to variables in process designer

Hi,

I am using LC Workbench 8.0.1 version, I have a business requirement where in my form I have a dropdown box which contains two options i.e,
      1. Accept
      2. Decline

If the user selects Accept, I have to route the form to user some "x" or if the user selects Decline then the form should be routed to some user "y" .
      To implement this I need to capture the user selected value which is a String.

can someone explain me how to reslove this..?

thanks and regards,
      sudheer
        • 1. Re: help needed on how to assign string value to variables in process designer
          Jasmin Charbonneau Level 4
          I'm assuming you're using a xfaForm variable that points to an XDP in the repository to render your document.

In that case, you set the Form Data Mapping to point to that xfaForm variable in the User step.

When the user submits the form the xfaForm variable contains the data for the form in an XML format. You can have multiple routes that come out of your user step that will check a certain value in the xfaForm variable.

The xml data for you form will be located under the /process_data/xfaForm/data/datasets/data node.

You can use an xPath similar to /process_data/xfaForm/object/data/xdp/datasets/data/myNode/MyField

you can also use the // notation to do a full search within the data node if you're not sure of the structure:
          /process_data/xfaForm/object/data/xdp/datasets/data//MyFieldValue

I hope this helps.

Jasmin