11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2007 8:01 AM by (TK18)

XDP to PDF Rendering

Level 1
      I'm working on my first process, and I simplified it for testing purposes. It consists of a SetValue activity where I read an xdp form that I previously created. Then, it goes to a user for review.

Workspace is giving me an ALC-WKS-007-040 error. I've seen previous messages where I'm supposed to use RenderPDFForm from the Sample-Forms category to solve this error. The problem is that I don't have such category available; only the Forms-Forms category lists it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
        • 1. Re: XDP to PDF Rendering
          Jasmin Charbonneau Level 4
          You need to install the Render and Submit samples to get it. If the samples were not added at installation time, you can always add them from C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples\Forms\RenderAndSubmit using the adminui under Archive Administration.

Jasmin
          • 2. Re: XDP to PDF Rendering
            Level 1
            I've installed SP1b, so I'm running Workbench 8.0.1.1. The location of my SDK is C:\Program Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\WorkbenchES_SP1b\LiveCycle_ES_SDK, and the samples folder does not include a Forms folder, only PDFAssembler and SamplesConfig folders. Where can I download all those samples from?

Thank you for your help!
            • 3. Re: XDP to PDF Rendering
              The folder structure would be on the server where LiveCycle is installed and not where workbech is installed.

Jasmin
              • 4. Re: XDP to PDF Rendering
                Level 1
                Jasmin,

I finally got access to the server, but the form samples were not installed. The only folders installed in the server, under C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples\ are the PDFAssembler and SamplesConfig folders. How can I get access to the Forms folder that you mentioned above?

Also, to be precise, I found the SDK folder under the following path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples.

One more thing. I didn't see any lca files within the current sample structure. I was wondering how those samples would install through the Archive Management import service.

Thanks,

Tito
                • 5. Re: XDP to PDF Rendering
                  Level 1
                  I found the folders under a different drive. I will install and report.
                  • 6. Re: XDP to PDF Rendering
                    Level 1
                    In Archive Import, I can't browse to that folder, which is on the D drive. The browsing action begins within my own computer, and I can't get to the other server. Do you have any suggestions?
                    • 7. Re: XDP to PDF Rendering
                      Level 1
                      Jasmin,

I was able to import it. Once I resolve the issue that I currently have logging in to Workbench due to the installation of the SP1b patch, I will let you know what happened.

Thank you,

Tito
                      • 8. Re: XDP to PDF Rendering
                        Level 1
                        Jasmin,

I finally solved all the issues that I had with the installation of the SP1b server patch and was able to import all the samples. I need a pointer for setting up the different options in the render and submit services, please. Thanks!
                        • 9. Re: XDP to PDF Rendering
                          See the following post: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c052e46/5

Jasmin
                          • 10. Re: XDP to PDF Rendering
                            Level 1
                            Great! Just to confirm and enlarge a bit, I've set up the Render Service as follows:

Service Input:
                            - formUrl: task, Form URL
                            - inDocData: task, Form Data
                            - targetURL: Custom Configuration, targetUrl
                            - userAgent: Custom Configuration, userAgent

Service Output:
                            outFormDoc - task - Document

Then, I set up the Submit Service as follows:
                            Service Input:
                            - document: variable, myVariableName
                            - environmentBuffer: Custom Configuration, environmentBuffer
                            - targetURL: Custom Configuration, targetUrl
                            - userAgent: Custom Configuration, userAgent

Is this correct? Thanks.
                            • 11. Re: XDP to PDF Rendering
                              Level 1
                              I've just tried it in WorkSpace, and it worked! Thank you for all your help.