Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I delete all the keywords and subkeywords from my project and document

Nov 12, 2008 Nov 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using robohelp for word version 6, and using Winhelp 2000 for my project. Created the index using the wizard, and hit apparently a known bug. I need to re-do the entire index. Could anyone tell me what is the fastest and best way to get rid of the index and all the keywords and sub-keywords?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2008 Nov 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the old trick was to highlight the first entry and sit there with your finger firmly pressed on the Delete key.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A slightly quicker way is to rename the project's .HHK file and then open the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! Sorry didn't see you were using RH for word so ignore my last response and follow Peter's advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you both. I did just what Peter suggested, and will stay away from the index wizard from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dubble hiccup post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One should not meddle in the affairs of sorcerers, for their ways are subtle and they are quick to anger...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry RoboWizard. May my newt's growth be stunted or something like that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest eangel030456 I've always felt that there is no substitute for rolling up your sleeves and manually indexing. The wixard makes a fair stab and getting it right but rarely achieves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a similar kind of situation, so continuing the same post though it's four years old.

I am using RH for word 9. I also want to delete all the items in my index and there are around 1000 entries in my index. I tried what Peter suggested (holding the delete key), but the Word docs keep opening simultaneously. This is slowing down the process of deletion and also opening a huge number of Word docs. Could anyone suggest a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Vinay, nothing to suggest other than to seriously consider abandoning RoboHelp for Word in favor of using RoboHelp HTML. The only valid reason I can think of for using it is if you have a need to produce WinHelp. And Microsoft themselves would REALLY love it if WinHelp would finally die.

The problem you will find is that very few folks actually use RoboHelp for Word, so other than the development team popping in to answer a question here and there, you are pretty much on your own to sort any issues that arise.

To my knowledge, there aren't even classes offered for learning how to use this product.

Adopt RoboHelp HTML. You will be glad you did.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick, for responding. This project was unfortunately created in RHW initially in 2004 and now it has grown up like Credit Card bill:) I will have to do a work around for now, but for future projects, no doubt, I will us RH HTML.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp