Expand my Community achievements bar.

JDBC Query Single Row service in WebSphere +SQL Server

Former Community Member
I use the JDBC - Query Single Row service in a process to query LC's "edcprincipalentity" table.

The exact SQL statement specified in the property sheet is this:

select commonname, email from edcprincipalentity e where e.id = '{$ /process_data/@InitiatorGUID $}'

The Data Source name in its property sheet is: java:/IDP_DS

It worked fine on a TurnKey server (Windows/JBoss/MySQL).

But when I ran it on another server (Windows/WebSphere/SQL Server), I got the following error:

[12/12/07 10:09:50:764 CST] 00000059 ExceptionUtil E CNTR0020E: EJB threw an unexpected (non-declared) exception during invocation of method "doSupports" on bean "BeanId(LiveCycle8#adobe-dscf.jar#EjbTransactionCMTAdapter, null)". Exception data: java.lang.RuntimeException: Name not found in context "java:".

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.jdbc.JDBCService.querySingle(JDBCService.java:213)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

So, I changed the Data Source name to "IDP_DS". But still got an error:

[12/12/07 10:18:19:019 CST] 00000065 ExceptionUtil E CNTR0020E: EJB threw an unexpected (non-declared) exception during invocation of method "doSupports" on bean "BeanId(LiveCycle8#adobe-dscf.jar#EjbTransactionCMTAdapter, null)". Exception data: java.lang.RuntimeException: enlist: caught Exception

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.jdbc.JDBCService.querySingle(JDBCService.java:215)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)

What do I need to do to make it work in WebSphere+SQLserver?

Thanks
4 Replies

Level 10
Can you right click and select your process Properties from the processes tab. Under Advanced change the transaction from Required New to Not Supported and see if that helps.

Let me know,

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Just wondering, was this a SQL Server issue? If I change the database to Oracle 9, will I still need to do the "Not Supported" trick?

thanks

Level 10
Yes. I had the same problem with WebSphere\Oracle.

I'm not sure if it's a combination of appserver/db. I'm trying to get more information on it.

Jasmin