This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
We at Cardinal Solutions have seen the need for clients to convert an xfaForm to a Document Form many times. Unfortunately doing so is not exactly straightforward due to the reason that xfaForm and Document Form are very different in how they work. One way of converting from an xfaForm to a Document Form in the interest of Digital Signatures is as follows:
1) Have two templates of your form. The two templates should be identical aside from having one's submission method set to XDP and the other's submission method set to PDF
2) Point your xfaForm process variable to your XDP submission template
3) Point your Document Form process variable to your PDF submission template
4) Create a Document process variable
5) Use the xfaForm variable up until you need to convert to DocumentForm. Let's say that you have four user steps in your process: A, B, C and D and at D you want to present the Document Form variable to the user for collection of their Digital Signature. At step C, present the xfaForm variable but set the output data (in the Assign Task properties) to your Document variable you created in 4).
6) Within "Advanced" settings in your Document Form variable, ensure that "Call the render service only once" is checked.
7) Within "Advanced" settings in your Document Form variable, set the Input Data Doc parameter to be the Document variable you created in 4).
If you have any questions, or if I have misunderstood and you require other help, please let me know!
Cardinal Solutions Group
thank you for your response, however I still don't follow how it helps we out.
I am trying to perform this all in one custom render.
pass in a variable that I can add the current user that it is assigned to.
So I have a letter, that comes into a user, and I want that username on the letter.
So as you state in step 5 above, I simply have one assign user task.
on this task I want a form to be generated (xdp template) that have the current users name on it and that also allows them to digital sign this document.
You solution may work however I don't follow. Step 6, when do I introduce the form document?
I can send the LCa I currently have to possibly clean up the image that I am trying to present in this topic.
You are on the right track. Your custom renderer needs to take and XDP and run it though the Render PDF Form service. This is where you can pass in XML data in the Form Data parameter to pre-populate the form.
Your output variable should be of type Document. Not Document Form.
I can get that far, the document opens up in workspace.
however when I click complete after signing the form it gives me the following error in the server.log
2009-03-05 09:22:40,998 WARN [com.adobe.workspace.tasks.com.adobe.workspace.tasks.DocumentSubmitServlet] ALC-WKS-005-029: A problem occurred in the Submit Service. Please review the submit orchestration for this process.
flex.messaging.MessageException: ALC-WKS-005-029: A problem occurred in the Submit Service. Please review the submit orchestration for this process.
What do you have defined as the submit service for your xfaForm variable?
Nothing as of yet, do I need it?
In what situations do I required a submit service as I have not used it.