5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2008 12:39 AM by Sedat Reyhan

Problem exporting PDF document

I have a form implemented as a PDF form and would like to add a workflow step to my process so that the PDF form can be sent as an email attachment. Based on a previous posting, it seems that I need to use the RepositoryServices Read Resource Content operation to get the PDF form from the repository and add it to a process variable of type document. When I do this I get an type coercian error that states: "Cannot coerce object: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.form.impl.xfa.XFARRepositoryFormInstance@15bb014 of type com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.form.impl.xfa.XFARRepositoryFormInstance to type class.lang.Boolean

I'm setting the Input Resource Uri to the literal value "/BDI_DEV/forms_BDI REP Form.pdf" and the Output variable to a varaible of type document - which as far as I can tell from the documentation should be correct. For some reason, however, the error message seems to indicate that the system is attempting to store the repository object in a boolean - I do have a process variable of type boolean, but the output variable I've selected is of type document.
        • 1. Re: Problem exporting PDF document
          Level 1
          looks like the variable mapping in the output of the read resource content is not of the correct type,can you please make sure it is of type document?
          • 2. Re: Problem exporting PDF document
            Level 1
            The output parameter is definately of type document. Here's the error as reported in the log file:

2007-12-25 15:44:01,734 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] RuntimeException in method: public abstract java.lang.Object com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterLocal.doRequiresNe w(com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.TransactionDefinition,com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.Transa ctionCallback) throws com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCException:
            ALC-DSC-119-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.InvalidCoercionException: Cannot coerce object: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.form.impl.xfa.XFARepositoryFormInstance@1f8ca10 of type: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.form.impl.xfa.XFARepositoryFormInstance to type: class java.lang.Boolean
            at com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.CoercionUtil.toBoolean(CoercionUtil.java:117)
            • 3. Re: Problem exporting PDF document
              Level 1
              can you send me the process xml to mergeandfuse@gmail.com
              I will take a look and let you know asap
              thanks
              • 4. Re: Problem exporting PDF document
                Level 1
                "WorkflowUser" was finally able to help me resolve the problem with creating a PDF document that can be saved to file or mailed to somebody - here's how he told be to configure things to get this working:

1. I created a process variable called XMLData of type xml.
                2. I created a process variable called XMLDataDoc of type document.
                3. I created a process variable called RenderedForm of type document.
                4. I added a SetValue service step in which the following mappings were created:
                - /process_data/XMLData is set to /process_data/REPForm/object/data/xdp
                - /process_data/@XMLDataDoc is set to /process_data/XMLData
                5. I added a renderPDFForm step using the FormsService. In this the following input and output parameters were configured:
                - "Form to Render" was set to a literal value referencing the form template - i.e. BDI_DEV/forms/BDI REP Form.pdf
                - "Form Data" was set to the XMLDataDoc variable.
                - The "Content Root URI" field under "URL Options" was set to "repository:/
                - The "Rendered Form" output section was set to reference the variable "RenderedForm".

This then allowed me to email the document using the RenderedForm variable.
                • 5. Re: Problem exporting PDF document
                  Sedat Reyhan Level 1
                  Hi,

I really do the same. But always get "ContentRootURI not specified" error. Could you help?

Sedat,