Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Message Filters not working.

Former Community Member
I have configured an email endpoint to invoke a service - the Receive Operation within the EmailService is, however, causing the process to fail - the log shows the following entry.

Caused by: com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.MessageNotFoundException: No message matching filters was found. Subject Filter: null, From Filter: null

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.receive(EmailServiceImpl.java:245)

I do not wish to use any message filters, so have left these fields blank - according to the product documentation this should result in all messages being received - but for some reason this is not happening. I've also tried to set the filters to see if the system works when they are specified - but I end up with the same result - the error message shows my filter values but the process stalls with a message that no matching messages were found.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Are you using the EmailReceiver service operation or are you configuring

a email end point for the service from the adminui?

Former Community Member
I'm configuring an email end point for the service from the aminui.

Former Community Member
When you configure a email end point for a service which has a receive email operation the following happens

The process gets invokes when a email appears in the configured inbox of the user

This email will then be deleted and the process proceeds to the next step, assuming this step is Receive Email, unless the Receive email is configured against a different inbox host, it would not find any emails because the emails has been deleted in the earlier step.

If you really want to do this IE have email end point and a Receive Email step in the same process pointing to the same inbox host, then you would have to carefully use the filters for the end point as well as the receive email operation