Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Getting data from document to xfaform

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,<br /><br />I send mails with a pdf attached to an email endpoint and my process is kicked of nicely.<br /><br />Also I use the exportData-service to get the xml data out of the pdf file which also works fine. I get a structure like this:<br /><br /><xfa:data><br /> <form1><br /> <more fields with data><br /> </form1><br /></xfa:data><br /><br />Now my problem is that I need to add this data to an xfaform which can be processed and viewed by Users in my process.<br /><br />I have tried with a "Set Value" with the following:<br /><br />/process_data/myXFAForm/object/data/xdp/datasets/data = /process_data/myXMLdata<br /><br />But unfortunately this does not do the trick...<br /><br />Can anyone help me here?<br /><br />Sincerely<br />Kim
3 Replies

Level 10
Try

/process_data/myXFAForm/object/data/xdp/datasets/data = /process_data/myXMLdata/xfa:data/*

This should put all the code under xfa:data under the data node of the form variable.

Make sure to add the xfa namespace to your process under Process/Properties/Advanced.

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

I still have the problem...

Besides the xfa:data namespace my XML-variable (populated with the export service) contains information on a number of datadescriptions (my dataconnections from the designer) and the schema...

When I do as you suggest I get the error:

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: More than one data node found....

However I don't seem to be able to find more than one data node in my XML.

What could I do to make t his work?

Sincerely

Kim

Level 8
Level 8
Problem solved...

I just needed to add a dataset to my expression, like this:

/process_data/myXFAForm/object/data/xdp/datasets/data = /process_data/myXMLdata/xfa:datasets/xfa:data/*

and everything went smooth...

Thank you for helping me so far anyway.

Sincerely

Kim