Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Pass data from workflow process to flex application

Former Community Member
Hi everyone,

how can I pass data from a workflow process to a flex application contained in the workspace?

Below is what i understand from the adobe document. But it works only if I am passing data from one flex application to the same flex application on the next step of a workflow. The problem is how... for e.g. like passing the value of a process variable to a flex application.

When a user open up a flex application, there is some handshaking that needs to be done between flex application and the workspace. The flex application will call 'SetReady' function from 'lc:FormConnector'. The workspace then trigger a event for 'formInitialData' which the flex application will have to handle. The flex app will have a event listener to handle the event. A initialize data 'DataEvent' is surposed to be passed through the 'fromInitialData' to the flex app, and the flex application can make use of the data to initialize it application.

Thanks...
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Use a SetValue activity and in the mapping, do this

Expression: /process_data/form1/object/data

or if you have an XML variable (I haven't tried this, but I assume it should work)

Expression: /process_data/xml_data