Is it a short lived or long lived process?
You can check under the process properties under advanced.
There are also transaction settings you can play with to see if that makes any difference.
I am facing similar issues with generatePDF(Output Service: this is called as an API: OutputClient).
I am set the websphere's timeout to max and even then I get these errors:
ALC-DSC-305-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.MarkedForRollbackException: The current transaction has been marked for rollback. This means one of three things; 1) this transaction has timed-out (the timout period was set to [180(sec)], while the actual tx took [6(sec)]), 2) And unhandled Runime exception occurred when calling another service (please check the logs for more detail, or 3) This is a JTA transaction and a service has explicitly marked a transaction for rollback
I have tested my installation and it works for sure(since I have tried it with other code and used the same service),
There is just one more thing, suppose I give a false form name(ie a form name that does not exist); then I am getting the right error message :Failed to load TemplateStream for FormQuery=LIKE.xdp from location.
I'm facing the same problem, anybody have a solution for this?
I have the same error when processing big data files. Small data files get processed without any problem.
So, how can i increase the timeout time?
Is there a way to disable timeout?
In adminui go under Home > Services > Applications and Services > Service Management and search for OutputService.
Then click on it and change the transaction timout.
You may also need to change the transaction timeout in the properties dialog for your orchestration (in Workbench).
I'm getting the same error, and I want to isolate the problem. Could you provide me some information on your environment (which produced this problem) by answering the questions below.
1) What LiveCycle version were using (was it 8.2)?
2) What OS (Windows 2003 ?)
3) What App Server were you using?
4) What Database were you using?
This helped me now. Thank You a lot for write it here.
I have exactly the same error, can anybody help us?
ERROR [com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean] (WorkManager(2)-31) The current transaction has been marked for rollback.
This means one of three things;
1) This transaction has timed-out (the timeout period was set to [600(sec)]600, while the actual transaction took [608(sec)]),
2) An unhandled exception occurred when calling another service (please check the logs for more detail), or
3) This is a JTA transaction and a service has explicitly marked this transaction for rollback
ALC-DSC-305-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.MarkedForRollbackException: La transaction actuelle a été marquée pour la restauration.
Cela implique lune des trois choses suivantes :
1) La transaction a expiré (le délai dexpiration était défini sur [600(sec)] alors que la transaction réelle a duré [608(sec)]),
2) Une exception dexécution non prise en charge sest produite lors de lappel dun autre service (pour plus de détails, consultez les journaux), ou
3) Il sagit dune transaction JTA et ce service a explicitement marqué la transaction pour la restauration.