4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2008 10:54 PM by (FredLam)

Error on Submit

Level 1
      I recently migrated a process from a turnkey environment to a non-turnkey implementation of LiveCycle ES 8.0.1 and my process fails - the JBOSS log indicates that there is some problem with the Submit Service. My process is based on a PDF form and I have an xfaForm variable that uses the default Render Service - I never had to touch the "Submit Service" tab within the advanced settings and everything worked fine in the turnkey environment - but now things don't... Can somebody tell me how to resolve this - I saw a long string of postings related to this problem, but they don't make it clear why I should have to do anything special when I did not have to do so in the turnkey environment - nor do the postings make it clear whether a solution was ultimately found to the problem.

Here are a few extracts from the JBOSS log:

exception: flex.messaging.MessageException: ALC-WKS-005-029: A problem occurred in the Submit Service. Please review the submit orchestration for this process.
      2008-01-28 09:56:50,665 INFO [STDOUT] [Flex] [ERROR] Root cause: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.

Caused by: com.adobe.idp.jobmanager.common.JobManagerException: java.lang.RuntimeException: JobManager:getQueueConnectionFactory():Error:
        • 1. Re: Error on Submit
          Level 1
          I tried changing hte submit service associated to my xfaForm variabe to use the Submit PDF Form service found in the samples - configuring it with the following:

document to task -> Submitted Content
          environment Buffer to task -> Submitted Content
          targetURL to task -> Form URL
          userAgent to task -> Submitted Content

When I do this, however, the process still fails - this time with a popul message stating:

An error occurred submitting the form (task 3, form 0). (ALC-WKS-007-043)
          • 2. Re: Error on Submit
            Level 1
            If you are using the default render then it is not required to enable the submit service. Ensure that your form submit button is configured to submit xdp.

If you have Forms installed then the proper configurations for the submit service is as follows:

document to task -> Submitted Content
            environmentBuffer to Custom configuration -> environmentBuffer
            targetURL to Custom configuration -> targetUrl
            userAgent to Custom configuration -> userAgent

outputDocument to task -> Form Data

Providing more of the error log may also shed some light to the problem.
            • 3. Re: Error on Submit
              Level 1
              I am using the default render - but when I do not enable a submit service I get the following error... If I try to configure a submit service I also get an error. By the way, I do not have the options that you show for the configuration of the Sumbit PDF Form service - the list box entries contain only "Submitted Content", "Form URL", and a custom mapping entry.

I'm not sure how to ensure that the submit button (AWS_SUBMIT) is configured to submit XDP - how do I do this? As I mentioned, this works fine in my turnkey environment but not in our new non-turnkey environment...

rootCause = ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
              body = null
              extendedData = {message=ALC-WKS-005-029, cause=com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.task.TaskManagerException}
              2008-01-30 10:25:56,719 INFO [STDOUT] [Flex] Error handling message: flex.messaging.MessageException: ALC-WKS-005-029: A problem occurred in the Submit Service. Please review the submit orchestration for this process.
              incomingMessage: Flex Message (flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage)
              operation = complete
              clientId = 1759378E-031C-DAEF-4DEB-069C0E39FE26
              destination = task-actions
              messageId = 07CF9D15-5367-C0B1-1208-CB4DE70D5B4C
              timestamp = 1201706756531
              timeToLive = 1201706756531
              body = null
              hdr(DSEndpoint) = workspace-polling-amf
              hdr(DSId) = 1736AA2F-F30D-EB62-CDB2-BB3753286101
              errorReply: Flex Message (flex.messaging.messages.ErrorMessage)
              clientId = 1759378E-031C-DAEF-4DEB-069C0E39FE26
              correlationId = 07CF9D15-5367-C0B1-1208-CB4DE70D5B4C
              destination = task-actions
              messageId = 17593958-FF0B-DF3E-4F1B-C32746F1F22F
              timestamp = 1201706756719
              timeToLive = 0
              body = null
              code = Server.Processing
              message = ALC-WKS-005-029: A problem occurred in the Submit Service. Please review the submit orchestration for this process.
              details = null
              rootCause = ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
              body = null
              extendedData = {message=ALC-WKS-005-029, cause=com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.task.TaskManagerException}
              2008-01-30 10:26:
              • 4. Re: Error on Submit
                I believe that you can't use the Default Render with the Submit PDF Form. If you want use the Submit PDF Form, you will also need to use the Render PDF Form in the samples.

Hope that helps!

Freddy...