7 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2008 10:33 AM by Stuart Mail

How to add notes on Task

Level 1
      I tried to add a note to a task, as I have added an attachment, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me. I monitor the server log activities, when adding an attachment to a task, it is doing something, but when adding a note, there is no message logged at all, so I have no idea where has my note gone.

On process workflow I have configured to user step ACL to be able to add attachments and add notes, hence the UI for adding notes and attachments are shown on Workspace.

I am using LiveCycle 8.0.1 release on Jboss/MySql turnkey installation.

Any helps will be appreciated.

Kendy
        • 1. Re: How to add notes on Task
          Jasmin Charbonneau Level 4
          I think I remember a bug around that. We have released the Service Pack 1b now. Maybe it's been fix in there.

Jasmin
          • 2. Re: How to add notes on Task
            HowardTreisman Level 1
            Actually, we found that it works in the shipping Workspace, but doesn't work if you use workspace compiled from the source you provide:-)
            Howard
            • 3. Re: How to add notes on Task
              Level 1
              When using the source code shipped with the SDK, make sure you add the "-services services-config.xml" to your additional compiler arguments in Flex Builder. The services-config.xml file is included in the SDK. If you don't specify this the note will not be added correctly.
              • 4. Re: How to add notes on Task
                Thanks WorkspaceUser for your advice. It really solve the 'add notes issue' on customised Workspace.

I have another question regarding the services-config.xml. I noticed that inside our services-config.xml, the channel-definition endpoint uri is not specified i.e: 'https://{server.name}:{server.port}/workspace-server/messagebroker/amfsecurepolling' and 'http://{server.name}:{server.port}/workspace-server/messagebroker/amfpolling'.

My question:
                - Do we need to specify the {server.name} and {server.port}?
                - What is the impact if we don't specify them before we compile the Workspace in Flex Builder?

Please
                • 5. Re: How to add notes on Task
                  Level 1
                  You shouldn't have to do anything special with these tokens. LC DS will automatically assign the correct values at runtime.
                  • 6. Re: How to add notes on Task
                    Stuart Mail
                    I have a similar problem - or I think it is.

I would like the users to be able to Add a Note when they Forward a Task - e.g. not complete it.

Scenario is that a user receives a task that is for someone else and wants to Forward the task to them with a note as to why they are forwarding it to them.

If the open the form and add a note then 'submit' it then the task thinks it has moved to the next 'phase'.

So is there any way to add a note to a Forwarded task without opening or submitting it ?

It seems from the documentation (and the 'task ACL' options) that this should be possible - but I can't see how ?

I've tried using Non-Customised WorkSpace and no difference.

I'm running LC ES SP2.

Thanks - Stuart
                    • 7. Re: How to add notes on Task
                      Stuart Mail Level 1
                      forgot to subscribe to discussion