Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to disable the 'Quick Approval' feature

Former Community Member
Hi all,

In workspace, under 'To do list', the user can click on the small 'tick' icon to quickly approve a form without opening it.

This is a nice feature. However, the downside is a user might accidentally click that, and bypass the form validation. This will cause some problems, because when the form goes to the next phase, it can't be submitted, because it fails the validation of the previous section in the form.

Is there any way to turn off this feature?

Many thanks.
17 Replies

Former Community Member
In the user Service there is a check box which says "Form Must be saved"

When you set this checkbox to true, the user is forced to open the form

and can no longer submit the form by clicking the small "tick" icon

Former Community Member
Hi.

Here's my problem.

I'm trying to disable the quick approval feature, but if I follow your advice, the document complete button, which usually appears when it's opened, disappears. So it's impossible to complete the task.

Like the "oprion" says, i'm forced to save the document and i can no more approve it in the workspace.

Is there a way to disable the quick approval button and to maintain the submit button in the document?

Alessio

Former Community Member
Hi Alessio,

The way to do it is outlined below, courtesy of Paul Guerette from Adobe.

Install sp1 and following the instructions below:

- In Adobe LiveCycle Administration Console, click Services > LiveCycle Workspace ES > Global Administration.

- On the Global Administration page, under Export global settings, click Export.

- add the tag true to the
config file.

- import the new config file

The changes will take affect immediately.

With this approach, you don't need to select "Form Must be saved" in the User service.

Cheers,
Khoa Tran
http://avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi Khoa Tran,

really thanks for your reply.

I'm going to try it. I'm sure it'll work.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Alessio

Former Community Member
Hi Khoa Tran,

your hint is working, but I still have a problem.

Following your advice I've been able to make the quick completion button disappear in the original workspace application.

The problem is that I have a customized workspace application that doesn't seem to be affected by the global configuration files.

I tried to replace the original workspace with my custom workspace, but it's still not working.

Any idea about how the workspace application stores those settings?

Thanks.

Alessio

Former Community Member
Hi Alessio,

Sorry. I wouldn't know the answer to your question. Perhaps try Adobe support.

Cheers,

Khoa Tran

http://avoka.com

Level 3
Hi

I'm also trying to remove the quick approve option form the Job Card. This is critical as in all our workflows the form sets the next recipient so if any user clicks to quick approve icon then the whole process dies as it does not know who to send the form to.

I've tried the <client_routes_formViewOnly>true</client_routes_formViewOnly> suggestion above but it dies not work.

I notice that the suggestion from Paul Guerette says -

"Install sp1 and following the instructions below:"

How can I tell if the version of LC ES I'm using is SP1, and if not where can I obtain LC ES SP1 please ?

Thanks - Stuart

Level 3
Hi Again

OK I've found a working solution to hiding the Quick Approve option on the Job Card and not losing the Complete button off the wrapper.

Name the Route out of the User Task object something relevant (and NOT Approve or Deny as these are Special Route Names in ES).

Select Routes & Priority tab for User Task object and set BOTH Initialize and User Must Select options On.

Do NOT set 'Form Must Be Saved' option on Form Data Mappings tab.

You then do not get Quick Approve option on Job Card and instead get your 'custom' button name for the 'Complete' button on the wrapper.

Hope this helps someone with similar problems.

Still like to know if LC ES SP1 is available anywhere yet though ?

Stuart

Former Community Member
Those icons for the special routes appear because the route names approve and deny are considered special routes. If you do not want them to appear, then either do not use those special names or you can disable them from appearing. To do this go into the adminui and into the Workspace area. You can export the configuration. It creates an adminglobalsetting.xml file. Open this up and add this node to the bottom of the file (inside the closing WorkspaceAdminGlobalSettings node).

<client_routes_formViewOnly>false</client_routes_formViewOnly>

Import this file back into the workspace (through the same adminui). Restart your server and those icons will not show up any more (and you can use approve and deny as well).

Level 3
Hi Paul

Thansk fopr the extra info - I kinda guesed some of that from reading the AdminGlobalSetting file but good to know what this actually controls.

Do you know if ES SP1 is out yet as you mentioned it in your origianl reply ?

Thanks - Stuart

Former Community Member
Sp1b can be downloaded at the following link before:

http://www.adobe.com/support/products/enterprise/support_knowledge_center_livecycle_ES_server.html

but looks like Sp2 just came out today. you are out of luck. :)

just kidding, obviously SP2 includes SP1.

Former Community Member
Correct, all fixes in sp1 are included in sp2.

Level 3
Hi James & Obiwon

Thanks for the SP info - I've downloaded SP2 and am in the process of trying to upgrade - 3 tries so far have broken ES completely but hopefully 4th time lucky ...

Does anyone know if SP2 fixes the 'aws_ACTION' issue in V8 that I, and I'm sure many others, reported last year ?

It was mentioned in this thread last year that SP2 should fix it - http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c056fb9?@@

Thanks - Stuart

Former Community Member
Hi Stuart,

SP2 does have a fix which sets the AWS_ACTION field name with the route name that was selected in the Workspace chrome. This will enable you to key off this field via your form scripts.