2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2008 5:06 AM by optics42

Text mystery

optics42 Level 1
      I've sent 2 projectors on cd to a student in Greece. The files are encrypted using Buddy API. Both files contain text boxes, bitmaps and Flash movies. Using XP or Vista, in one he can read all the text (it's in Arial) in the other he only sees part or none of the text. He can see the diagrams and Flash in both.
      Fonts are not embedded.

There is no problem like this on my system or for the UK students.

I'm assuming :-

i) He has Arial, since he can see the text in one file and part of the text in the other.
      ii) The decryption has worked since both projectors run and the bitmaps and Flash movies are OK.

I'd be grateful for any pointer as to what may be happening.

• 1. Re: Text mystery
          Level 7
          Go to control panel > regional and language options > advanced , and
          select Greek as the non-unicode language.
          Your now have a greek machine to check your movie on.

optics42 wrote:
          > I've sent 2 projectors on cd to a student in Greece. The files are encrypted
          > using Buddy API. Both files contain text boxes, bitmaps and Flash movies. Using
          > XP or Vista, in one he can read all the text (it's in Arial) in the other he
          > only sees part or none of the text. He can see the diagrams and Flash in both.
          > Fonts are not embedded.
          >
          > There is no problem like this on my system or for the UK students.
          >
          > I'm assuming :-
          >
          > i) He has Arial, since he can see the text in one file and part of the text in
          > the other.
          > ii) The decryption has worked since both projectors run and the bitmaps and
          > Flash movies are OK.
          >
          > I'd be grateful for any pointer as to what may be happening.
          >
          >
          >
          • 2. Re: Text mystery
            optics42 Level 1
            Neat !! This reproduced his problem...hopefully changing his setting to English will allow him to read the text.

I should have embedded the fonts, although a quick trial with embedding doesn't seem to produce the correct formatting.
            Something else to look at.

Very many thanks for the prompt response.