3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2008 6:30 AM by Newsgroup_User

Possible to share data between classes?

ibmaris
      I have a panel that uses a local SQL database to display some information from one searchable table. Now I want to add on a button to display more informaton on another panel from a different SQL table, but it is related to the information on the first panel which will still be open. How can I pass the key field from one panel to the other so that it shows the correct data? I have each working independently, just can't get coordinated. I've imported both classes on both panels. When I try to "join" the panels on the key field, I get no data in the second panel. Thanks for any suggestions.
        • 1. Re: Possible to share data between classes?
          Level 7

"ibmaris" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gfag28$h39$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have a panel that uses a local SQL database to display some information
          >from
          > one searchable table. Now I want to add on a button to display more
          > informaton
          > on another panel from a different SQL table, but it is related to the
          > information on the first panel which will still be open. How can I pass
          > the key
          > field from one panel to the other so that it shows the correct data? I
          > have
          > each working independently, just can't get coordinated. I've imported both
          > classes on both panels. When I try to "join" the panels on the key field,
          > I get
          > no data in the second panel. Thanks for any suggestions.

http://www.magnoliamultimedia.com/flex_examples/Amys_Flex_FAQ.pdf

Q3

• 2. Re: Possible to share data between classes?
            ibmaris Level 1
            Thank you, Amy. I took a quick read, and I believe this is just what I needed. Thanks for including the links to more information in your FAQ. It's hard to know where to find information when just starting out. I very much appreciate your help!

Maris
            • 3. Re: Possible to share data between classes?
              Level 7

"ibmaris" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gfbsf5$eq7$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Thank you, Amy. I took a quick read, and I believe this is just what I
              > needed.
              > Thanks for including the links to more information in your FAQ. It's hard
              > to
              > know where to find information when just starting out. I very much
              > appreciate
              > your help!

You're welcome :-)