0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2006 12:48 AM by (Bharathan_Seetharaman)

Printer on LPT1 in a PC in the LAN

Hi,<br /><br />This may not be a problem of Jetform.  But I would like to know how to get the problem fixed.<br /><br />I have a situation where the printer is connected to the LPT1 port of a PC that is in the network.  I added a printer by searching for the PC in the network, opening the printers folder and double-clicking the printer.  This added the printer in the printers folder in the server where jetform central is running.  The printer name is something like 'HP LaserJet 2100 PCL6 on 172.30.17.89.  I cannot change the name anyway.  Windows test print successfully went through.<br /><br />I defined a logical name to this printer in jetform as PURHP2K.<br /><br />When I chose this printer, I get the following error message:<br /><br />[3015]Error, unable to open printer.<br />[3008]Error, unable to get info about device 'HP LaserJet 2100 PCL6' attached to port '<nil>'.<br />[400](183) Cannot create a file when that file already exists.<br /><br />[2]Error opening output device/file 'HP LaserJet 2100 PCL6'.<br />[400](6) The handle is invalid.<br /><br />How to resolve this issue?  Please help.  Let me preempt a question.  User is determined not to connect the printer directly on the network.<br /><br />Thanks in advance