This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Pagemaker 3 converter
Unable to convert/open Mac PM4 files & save in Mac PM7 file format.
Same old story:
* Have a 20+- Mac PM4 files.
* According to various documentation Mac PM7 has a file conversion utility that converts Mac PM4 to Mac PM7 file format.
* Undertook the Mac PM4 to Mac PM7 conversion process as per recommended SOP.
1) Downloaded Mac PM7 trial ware (thanks Adobe!)
2) Installed Mac PM7 on a PPC (G5 Dual) Mac.
3) Booted into Classic/System 9.
4) Launched Mac PM7.
5) From within Mac PM7 was able to locate the Mac PM4 files within the Mac PM7 file conversion "module".
6) When I attempted to open/convert the Mac PM4 files which Mac PM7 recognized in the "conversion module", I was unsuccessful in opening/converting them.
7) Mac PM7 didn't generate any error messages: it simply wouldn't open/convert the Mac PM4 files although they were visible/recognized by the file converter.
* One thought is maybe the file structure of the Mac PM4 files has been damaged. E.g. the resource fork might somehow be corrupted. If anyone knows of a competent file repair utility for System 9 files I'd appreciate getting that info.
* Otherwise: any ideas/help in migrating these Mac PM4 files to Mac PM7 and getting them saved in MPM7 format would be much appreciated!!!
If the files are corrupt your are pretty much out of luck.
Also keep in mind firing up Classic is not the same as Booting OS 9