5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2008 4:55 AM by Stephen Cox

DW CS4

tashmac Level 1
      Hi

I have i know a very old version DW MX I am just wondering does anyone know what the main differences are between MX and CS4
        • 1. Re: DW CS4
          tashmac Level 1
          Continued fro original message....

on a very basic level i am not interested in the more advanced development stuff just creating a basic static web page.

Thanks
          Natasha
          • 2. Re: DW CS4
            Level 7
            tashmac wrote:
            > on a very basic level i am not interested in the more advanced development stuff just creating a basic static web page.

Dreamweaver MX is a good program, but it reflects the state of the web
            six years ago at the time of its release. Dreamweaver CS4 has been
            brought up to date with improved support for modern web standards. Live
            view and the Code Navigator make it much easier to work with CSS, as do
            vertical Split view and Related Files. Used in combination, they make it
            a lot easier to edit CSS and see the results immediately in the Document
            window.

Why not wait until the 30-day trial version is available (should be
            later this month)? Give it a try and see for yourself whether it fits
            your needs.

--
            David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
            Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
            Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
            http://foundationphp.com/
            • 3. Re: DW CS4
              Stephen Cox Level 1
              Well there are many. But frankly, if you write code, you can everything you can with CS4 with MX (just by hand).

For the basic stuff they are the same. Sure, there are UI differences, but you still click the same button to create a table.
              • 4. Re: DW CS4
                tashmac Level 1
                Thats what i wanted to know i was told that creating tables is completely different now i go to insert and table or click on the create table button so whats different now
                • 5. Re: DW CS4
                  Stephen Cox Level 1
                  Easy way to create a table is to click Insert > Table. Or you can aces it from the Insert menu.

David is right. Wait for the trial and try it out. If you on Mac, give the trail a chance. Cause the UI is completely different.