4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2009 2:33 PM by BigJohnD

Error 8013:0099 when doing a Save As

Hello PageMaker community, I have a client that is using PageMaker 7.0.1a for on Windows XP Pro SP2 and every time they try to modify a file and choose "Save As..." they gets a message stating "The disk is full" and near the OK button it says (code: 8013:0099). They have plenty of drive space, no quotas turned on and full permissions to the directory. Scan disk turns up no errors as well. Any suggestions?
        • 1. Re: Error 8013:0099 when doing a Save As
          BigJohnD Level 3
          The usual responses are:

1. Make sure the PM files and ALL linked files are on a local drive - no network links.

2. Use only *.TIF and *.EPS formats for images and avoid windows metafiles (e.g. *.WMF, *.EMF)

3. Do not embed ANY files (e.g. paste special)

4. Check all fonts used for any corruption.

5. Rename (i.e. temporarily delete) all the PM preferences file. (*.CNF in the folder "Program Files/Adobe/PageMaker 7.0/RSRC/[language] )

6. Use a postscript printer driver as the "Compose to printer" and use the same driver in the print menu.

7. Change the vid card screen settings to a basuc 800×600 and 256 colours.

Further details in the FAQs.
          John Davies, "Table Of Contents - Complete Listing of All PM FAQ Topics" #1, 24 Dec 2003 5:03 am

I see you have posted this question on several sites.

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda! John
          14:10 01/01/2009 GMT
          • 2. Re: Error 8013:0099 when doing a Save As
            Level 1
            Thanks for the reply, here's what I got back from my client:

I have not tried the suggestions, as not all are practical for this situation. For instance, this document requires the use of graphics that are stored on the network. I don't use windows metafiles and don't "paste special". I don't really know what you mean by "check fonts for any corruption." I compose to a postscript printer driver.

Does anyone have anything more specific? Unfortunately, the client doesn't have a support contract with Adobe so I'm not able to go to their support for help at this time.

Thanks in advance,
            Eric
            • 3. Re: Error 8013:0099 when doing a Save As
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional
              If they're saving to a network drive they should try saving locally.
              There was a bug in Windows a while back where if you tried to save a
              file to a drive with a TB of free space Photoshop 7 would give the same
              error.

I don't know if Pagemaker is affected by it but it's worth looking into.

Speaking of looking into, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the fact
              that PM is a dead application and that your client should be looking at
              InDesign.

Bob
              • 4. Re: Error 8013:0099 when doing a Save As
                BigJohnD Level 3
                > > For instance, this document requires the use of graphics that are stored on the network.

Best practice with PM requires all files to be local. Networks are far more reliable than they used to be, but PM pre-dates networks.

Check out this FAQ:
                * Donald Gruener, "7.2 - Network Issues" #1, 19 Jan 2002 10:13 am

> > I don't really know what you mean by "check fonts for any corruption."

Remove and re-install from the original source any fonts used in the Publication.

The ideal solution is move onto to InDesign.

Iechyd da! John
                22:33 08/01/2009 GMT