2 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2009 2:14 PM by Buko.

Problems Creating PDFs from Pagemaker 7

Hello, everyone. I work in the prepress department of an envelope company. We use Pagemaker 7. To send proofs to our customers, we create PDFs from our Pagemaker files and e-mail them. We have recently upgraded my computer to Creative Suite CS4, and a problem has cropped up. Frequently when creating PDFs from Pagemaker, portions of the design disappear. This is usually set text, not imported art. This is happening about 15% of the time and only started after we upgraded. Has anyone heard of this before? I am using Windows XP SP3, completely up to date.

Thanks for your help!
        • 1. Re: Problems Creating PDFs from Pagemaker 7
          VW59

Have sometimes had problems exporting as PDF directly out of Pagemaker, so I usually make a postscript file first then distil the postscript file using Acrobat Distiller and this usually works fine. I know its a bit slower this way but better than losing bits of the file.

VivW

• 2. Re: Problems Creating PDFs from Pagemaker 7
            Level 4

radii688 wrote:

Hello, everyone. I work in the prepress department of an envelope company. We use Pagemaker 7. To send proofs to our customers, we create PDFs from our Pagemaker files and e-mail them. We have recently upgraded my computer to Creative Suite CS4, and a problem has cropped up. Frequently when creating PDFs from Pagemaker, portions of the design disappear. This is usually set text, not imported art. This is happening about 15% of the time and only started after we upgraded. Has anyone heard of this before? I am using Windows XP SP3, completely up to date.

Thanks for your help!

If you have Indesign stop using Pagemaker. There is no need. Pagemaker is dead quit torturing yourself.