2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2008 11:42 AM by Bobby_Walker

Running Windows RoboHelp 7 on a MacBook Pro

Debbie Hemstreet
      Hello,

I'm considering getting a Mac in the future, but I'd like to find out if my Windows version of RoboHelp 7 would run well on a MacBook Pro through BootCamp or Parallels Desktop for Mac. Please let me know if this can be done, and what problems people have run into.

Thanks!

Jennifer Bennett

• 1. Re: Running Windows RoboHelp 7 on a MacBook Pro
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Jennifer

Well, it's like this. If you use BootCamp, you may upset Kernel 32 and General Failure will have to step in to clean up Private Data.

If you use Parallels, RoboHelp's doppelganger will be likely to appear from the parallel universe and begin wreaking havoc and presenting things as if you are looking in a mirror.

Okay, on a more serious note... I don't believe I've heard of anyone having any real issues with either one of these setups. They seem to work pretty much as advertised. I earn my keep by conducting classes at assorted training facilities across the US and I see both setups on a regular basis. It's quite popular for classrooms to use the new Intel based Apple equipment so they can use the same hardware for Apple or PC classes.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Running Windows RoboHelp 7 on a MacBook Pro
            Hello Jennifer,

Although this is not a supported or even QA tested environment, I have personally had RH7 up and running via BootCamp without issues. Please keep in mind that if you do run into an issue, official Adobe technical support will be limited.

Thanks,

Bobby W
            Adobe Customer Care