20 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2006 6:40 AM by jrod49

Pop Menu Magic

jrod49 Level 1
      I am thinking of purchasing Pop Menu Magic to use with Dreamweaver 8 on two Intranet sites that I manage, each web site has around 20 main menus and multiple sub menus. My major concern is that there may be a limit to the number of main menus you can create with this product. I searched the Project VII web site, but was unable to find an answer to my question. Can anyone help me out?
        • 1. Re: Pop Menu Magic
          Level 7

"jrod49" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:efjqo6$gsr$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am thinking of purchasing Pop Menu Magic to use with Dreamweaver 8 on two
          > Intranet sites that I manage, each web site has around 20 main menus and
          > multiple sub menus. My major concern is that there may be a limit to the
          > number of main menus you can create with this product. I searched the
          > Project
          > VII web site, but was unable to find an answer to my question. Can anyone
          > help
          > me out?

it's unclear as to what you mean by "20 main menus". Are you saying you have
          20 different menuing systems on a single page? Or are you saying you have a
          single menu system with 20 items at the root level and at least one or more
          subs per root menu item? PMM is a good product, IMO... but if you're doing
          20 root level menu items, I hope it's only a vertical menu, 'cause that
          would be difficult to keep readable as a horizontal menu.

• 2. Re: Pop Menu Magic
            Level 7

> Project
            > help
            > me out?

• 3. Re: Pop Menu Magic
              Level 7

> Project
              > help
              > me out?

• 4. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                Level 7

> Project
                > help
                > me out?

• 5. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                  Level 7

> Project
                  > help
                  > me out?

• 6. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                    Level 7

> Project
                    > help
                    > me out?

• 7. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                      Level 7

> Project
                      > help
                      > me out?

• 8. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                        Level 7

> Project
                        > help
                        > me out?

• 9. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                          britsylv Level 1
                          I bought the menu magic program and love it. It is very easy to use. I am not an expert and I managed to muddle my way to getting it to work. I'm not sure what you mean exaclty either. If you mean can you use the menu many times on one page I would say the answer is no. When I originally called to buy the software the guy told me I could put as many menus on one page as I liked. I wanted a horiz and vert menu on one page. He said I would be able to do this but now I am told that is not possible. If you want to use it for a horiz menu it sounds like it would be a tight squeeze getting all those tabs on one line. I think it would be great for a vert menu. You can email them if you need to clarify this. They have excellent tech support. Good luck.
                          • 10. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                            Level 7
                            > When I originally called to buy the
                            > software the guy told me I could put as many menus on one page as I liked.
                            > I
                            > wanted a horiz and vert menu on one page. He said I would be able to do
                            > this
                            > but now I am told that is not possible.

"The guy" is Al Sparber, one of the authors. I assure you he did not tell
                            you this. But - if you have a bone of contention with them, this is not the
                            place for it. Take it directly to him, or his support forums - not here.

--
                            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                            Adobe Community Expert
                            (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                            ==================
                            http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
                            http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                            http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                            http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
                            ==================

"britsylv" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                            news:efn2u1$am0$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                            >I bought the menu magic program and love it. It is very easy to use. I am
                            >not
                            > an expert and I managed to muddle my way to getting it to work. I'm not
                            > sure
                            > what you mean exaclty either. If you mean can you use the menu many times
                            > on
                            > one page I would say the answer is no. When I originally called to buy the
                            > I
                            > this
                            > but now I am told that is not possible. If you want to use it for a horiz
                            > menu
                            > it sounds like it would be a tight squeeze getting all those tabs on one
                            > line.
                            > I think it would be great for a vert menu. You can email them if you need
                            > to
                            > clarify this. They have excellent tech support. Good luck.
                            >

• 11. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                              Level 7
                              When I originally called to buy the
                              > I
                              > this
                              > but now I am told that is not possible.

What Al Sparber ("the guy") would have told you is that you can have as many
                              PMM menus in one site as you like but only one per page.

You can however have any of their other menu products on the same page as
                              Pop Menu Magic. By design, they work together on the same page very well.

A fuller answer is given here:
                              http://www.projectseven.com/support/answers.asp?id=163

--
                              Regards

John Waller

• 12. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                                britsylv Level 1
                                I am not sure why you said this " a bone of contention with them, this is not the
                                place for it. Take it directly to him, or his support forums - not here." I said I think the product is great and so is the support. When I ordered the software I did not talk to Al. I doubt he sits and takes orders on the phone all day. I talked to a different guy. In all I ordered two menu items and the gallery software. I like them all and have told many people about these products who in turn have looked into buying them. I was told I could use the two menu items on my page by the man who took my order (not Al) but it was Al who replied to one of my emails saying not to do it. Don't try and turn this into something it is not. I answered this forum question and never had any bad intentions like you are trying to make out.

• 13. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                                  Level 7
                                  You either talked to Al or Gerry. They are Project Seven.

> Don't try and turn this into something it is not.

Sorry.

--
                                  Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                                  Adobe Community Expert
                                  ==================
                                  ==================

"britsylv" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                                  news:efo7pp$it3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                  >I am not sure why you said this " a bone of contention with them, this is
                                  >not
                                  > the
                                  > place for it. Take it directly to him, or his support forums - not here."
                                  > I
                                  > said I think the product is great and so is the support. When I ordered
                                  > the
                                  > software I did not talk to Al. I doubt he sits and takes orders on the
                                  > phone
                                  > all day. I talked to a different guy. In all I ordered two menu items and
                                  > the
                                  > gallery software. I like them all and have told many people about these
                                  > products who in turn have looked into buying them. I was told I could use
                                  > the
                                  > two menu items on my page by the man who took my order (not Al) but it was
                                  > Al
                                  > who replied to one of my emails saying not to do it. Don't try and turn
                                  > this
                                  > into something it is not. I answered this forum question and never had any
                                  > bad
                                  > intentions like you are trying to make out.
                                  >
                                  >
                                  >

• 14. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                                    jrod49 Level 1
                                    Thanks for your responses, but I can see my question was not specific enough. What I am wanting is a vertical menu, used one time per page, with multiple levels of sub menus. The menu system I am currently using works, but is hard to modify since is uses Jscript, CSS and XML to build and only allows one set of sub-menus. I am looking for something that will be easier to use, with multiple levels of sub-menus.

• 15. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                                      Level 7
                                      Why not take this post over to the PVII support forums?

--
                                      Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                                      Adobe Community Expert
                                      ==================
                                      ==================

news:efqtp9$j3k$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                      > Thanks for your responses, but I can see my question was not specific
                                      > enough.
                                      > What I am wanting is a vertical menu, used one time per page, with
                                      > multiple
                                      > levels of sub menus. The menu system I am currently using works, but is
                                      > hard to
                                      > modify since is uses Jscript, CSS and XML to build and only allows one set
                                      > of
                                      > sub-menus. I am looking for something that will be easier to use, with
                                      > multiple levels of sub-menus.
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >

• 16. Pop Menu Magic
                                        jrod49 Level 1
                                        I tried that, but when I tried to post the message, I received an error message. about no send being specified, even though I did specifly the "To". It was confusing so I gave up. This forum is much easier to use
                                        • 17. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                                          Level 7
                                          Questions specifically about the PVII products will receive much better
                                          visibility over there, and are OT for this forum. The NNTP forums over
                                          there are set up exactly the same way that the NNTP forums over here are.

--
                                          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                                          Adobe Community Expert
                                          ==================
                                          ==================

"jrod49" <jrodriques@shrinenet.org> wrote in message
                                          news:efqvdf$kt1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                          >I tried that, but when I tried to post the message, I received an error
                                          >about the newsgroup set up right. Quite frankly, it was confusing so I gave
                                          >up. This forum is much easier to use

• 18. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                                            Level 7
                                            "jrod49" <jrodriques@shrinenet.org> wrote in message
                                            news:efqvdf$kt1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                            >I tried that, but when I tried to post the message, I received an error
                                            >about the newsgroup set up right. Quite frankly, it was confusing so I
                                            >gave up. This forum is much easier to use

We also provide email and telphone support, as well as instructions for
                                            setting up a newsgroup account:
                                            http://www.projectseven.com/support/index.htm

--
                                            Al Sparber - PVII
                                            http://www.projectseven.com
                                            Popup Menus | Image Galleries | CSS Tutorials & Templates
                                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                            Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/pviiwebdev/
                                            CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                                            DW Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/dreamweaver/

• 19. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                                              Level 7
                                              I got your email, but wanted to post here, as well. Although one should
                                              always be careful about presenting too many choices in a menu, Pop Menu
                                              Magic has no effective limit to the number of menu items or levels. I
                                              did a quick example for you, of a menu with 20 root items and several
                                              sub-levels:

http://www.projectseven.com/testing/customers/janet/

--
                                              Al Sparber - PVII
                                              http://www.projectseven.com
                                              Popup Menus | Image Galleries | CSS Tutorials & Templates
                                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                              Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/pviiwebdev/
                                              CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                                              DW Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/dreamweaver/

news:efqtp9$j3k$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                              > Thanks for your responses, but I can see my question was not specific
                                              > enough.
                                              > What I am wanting is a vertical menu, used one time per page, with
                                              > multiple
                                              > levels of sub menus. The menu system I am currently using works, but
                                              > is hard to
                                              > modify since is uses Jscript, CSS and XML to build and only allows one
                                              > set of
                                              > sub-menus. I am looking for something that will be easier to use,
                                              > with
                                              > multiple levels of sub-menus.
                                              >
                                              >
                                              >

• 20. Re: Pop Menu Magic
                                                jrod49 Level 1
                                                Thank you all for your answers. One reason I was interested in the PVII menu is to try to reduce the number of menu items I have. I can't do that with my current menu because it only allows one level of sub-menus. I wish I could show you a sample of my web pages, but since they are on our Intranet, I can't. I was going to post a snapshot (pdf) of one of my home pages, but couldn't figure out how to do it on this forum. As always, you guys have provided the help I needed.