1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2008 11:18 AM by Newsgroup_User

Passing Variables in Actionscript to Another Actionscript Class?

alice_data
      Hi,

I am not sure if there is an easier way to do this, since I have a code snippet that generates a string from the repeater elements as attached. However, I have pop up TileWindow that need to be able to pass the message variable that gets generated from the button_click function (which is on a separate application from the TileWindow one).

Is it the only way that I have to create a new class package of Actionscript just to put in the function that generates all the variables I need to use so that they can be passed on to the TileWindow? Could anyone please share with me what are the other efficient methods, and perhaps some examples that I can look at?

Thanks in advance.

Alice
        • 1. Re: Passing Variables in Actionscript to Another Actionscript Class?
          Level 7

"alice_data" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gfhcr8$4lm$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          >
          > I am not sure if there is an easier way to do this, since I have a code
          > snippet that generates a string from the repeater elements as attached.
          > However, I have pop up TileWindow that need to be able to pass the message
          > variable that gets generated from the button_click function (which is on a
          > separate application from the TileWindow one).
          >
          > Is it the only way that I have to create a new class package of
          > Actionscript
          > just to put in the function that generates all the variables I need to use
          > so
          > that they can be passed on to the TileWindow? Could anyone please share
          > with me
          > what are the other efficient methods, and perhaps some examples that I can
          > look
          > at?
          >

This doesn't really sound like you are passing information to a separate
          application. You may find that question 3 here is useful to you:
          http://www.magnoliamultimedia.com/flex_examples/Amys_Flex_FAQ.pdf

If not, you need to be specific about what the relationship is between your
          two applications. Are they embedded side by side in the same HTML page? In
          different pages? Is one embedded in another? How did you load it?

-Amy