This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
Does your file has page names which are similar to some other pages and had been exported before on to your disk? Not sure but if you can send across the file, it can give a better understanding.
Hi - Thanks for the response. I've tried this on two computers and I don't think the problem correlates with a previous HTM export - at least not one using the same page names. But, thanks for the thought. I created a sample file (much reduced in size and detail) that behaves the same way as my real project. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to attach it or send it (Attach Code does not seem to be the right approach.). Is there a way to add attachments to these posts?
The only basic attribute I think I've changed is the page size. Should that matter? Thanks.
Post the file at some share like rapidshare and paste the link here.
Hope it works.
It seems after adding the hotspots and links, you have tried to re-name the pages because of which it is assuming that the link is now a web link. Thus when you export as pdf, the link is pointing to a dummy remote location on your machine. Try to follow the below steps and see if this works for you.
1. Delete all the hotspots present in your file.
2. Re-name the pages to a different name again. eg: rename 2.0_Home to just Home etc.
3. Now choose File-->Save As and save the file with a different file name.
4. re-create the hotspots again and link them now according to the new page names.
5. Export this as PDF. All the links should work fine.
Hi, Arun -
You were on the right track. THANK YOU!
I didn't actually have to delete the hot spots. I just renamed the pages (removed the dot in the leading numbers and removed the underscores) and everything now works just fine. The key was that I had created the file names to be able to take advantage of the option to export to a clickable html. Looks like the two ideas are not compatible.