2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2008 2:33 PM by Newsgroup_User

Dynamic List Propegation

BrandG
      I've got a VBox that stores a series of elements. Each element has an icon describing that element's state. For small lists, this isn't a problem, but when you get around 2000 of them (as I now have), it becomes prohibitively slow. I remember hearing somewhere about a container that only created the items you were currently viewing, and swapped out data for those items as you scrolled. Has anybody else heard of that?
        • 1. Re: Dynamic List Propegation
          Level 7

"BrandG" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:get44p$6bg$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I've got a VBox that stores a series of elements. Each element has an icon
          > describing that element's state. For small lists, this isn't a problem,
          > but
          > when you get around 2000 of them (as I now have), it becomes prohibitively
          > slow. I remember hearing somewhere about a container that only created the
          > items you were currently viewing, and swapped out data for those items as
          > you
          > scrolled. Has anybody else heard of that?

List, TileList, DataGrid, Tree, HorizontalList, AdvancedDatagrid...

• 2. Re: Dynamic List Propegation
            Level 7

"BrandG" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:get44p$6bg$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > I've got a VBox that stores a series of elements. Each element has an icon
            > describing that element's state. For small lists, this isn't a problem,
            > but
            > when you get around 2000 of them (as I now have), it becomes prohibitively
            > slow. I remember hearing somewhere about a container that only created the
            > items you were currently viewing, and swapped out data for those items as
            > you
            > scrolled. Has anybody else heard of that?

Oh, and Repeater, with recycleChildren set to true.