8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2008 10:54 AM by tzeng

Adobe AIR will not install

jvu@calpoly.edu Level 1
      Dear Adobe AIR community,

First and foremost, how do I verify that Adobe AIR is "really" installed on my computer except having two applications with the Adobe AIR logo under Applications/Utilities?

We recently purchased Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended. Included with Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended is Adobe AIR in which you can install. I have installed on four Macintosh computers using a volume serial number. One day, I noticed noticed that two of the four Macintosh does NOT have Adobe AIR under Applications/Utilities. In addition, I don't see it anywhere on the computer and it is unable to run any Adobe AIR applications including the ones I have made through Adobe Flex. Note that I was installing all of this under an account with administrative privileges. Note that I installed Adobe Flex in its entirety - whether it has Adobe AIR included with Adobe Flex, I don't know.

The computer I'm trying to diagnose are with the following specifications: Mac OS X (10.4.11), Dual 2.3 GHz PowerPC G5, 2.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM Memory. The computers that has the two applications with the Adobe AIR logo is with the following specifications: Mac OS X (10.4.11), 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM and Mac OS X (10.4.11), 867 Mhz Power PC G4, 1MB L3 Cache per processor, 512 MB DDR SDRAM.

Here are all the things I have done:

1) Installed Adobe Photoshop CS4 (including Adobe AIR, Adobe Device Central, etc.)
      Conclusion: Everything but Adobe AIR is installed

2) Uninstall and install Adobe Photoshop CS4 (including Adobe AIR, Adobe Device Central, etc.)
      Conclusion: Everything but Adobe AIR is installed

3) Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CS4 (including Adobe AIR, Adobe Device Central, etc.) and downloaded Adobe AIR installer (AdobeAIR.dmg) from Adobe.com
      Conclusion: Double-clicking on the Adobe AIR Installer fail to start or do anything

Options I'm considering:
      1) Contact the system administrator to log into the "System Administrator" account despite that my current account has administrative privileges.

Please let me know whenever possible.