3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2007 6:21 AM by ˉ˚°º•♪♫ Robert ♫♪•º°˚ˉ

Photoshop CS3 Colors Don't match Fireworks CS3

lonewolfjujutsu Level 1
      I'll use this color for example; 0066ff.
      The Photoshop color for #0066ff is darker than the Firework's color #0066ff. The Photoshop color was actually #034AFE according to Preview ( Apple ) although PS was telling me it was 0066FF. Which is right? The differences kinda screwed up a web project. How do I adjust Fireworks color profile? Or do I need to adjust Photoshops?
      Thanks,
      Ed
        • 1. Re: Photoshop CS3 Colors Don't match Fireworks CS3
          Level 7
          lonewolfjujutsu wrote:

> The Photoshop color was actually #034AFE according to Preview ( Apple )
          > although PS was telling me it was 0066FF. Which is right? The differences kinda
          > screwed up a web project. How do I adjust Fireworks color profile? Or do I need
          > to adjust Photoshops?
          > Thanks,
          > Ed
          >

If you are designing for the web, work in sRGB color space in Photoshop,
          and don't use color profile embedding.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Photoshop CS3 Colors Don't match Fireworks CS3
            lonewolfjujutsu Level 1
            Thanks for your help. I had my View > Proofs set to CMYK. The rest of my profiles were already set up correctly as you suggested including the application sync in Bridge. Problem solved.

Can you recommend a very good monitor calibrator? Is Colorvision's Spyder2 any good with Macs?

Thanks,
            Ed
            • 3. Photoshop CS3 Colors Don't match Fireworks CS3
              ˉ˚°º•♪♫ Robert ♫♪•º°˚ˉ Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: lonewolfjujutsu .......... Can you recommend a very good monitor calibrator? Is Colorvision's Spyder2 any good with Macs?

Thanks,
              Ed

I assume you're asking about monitor colour calibration.
              Colour calibration involves the (colour space) capabilities of your OS, graphics software, graphics card, and monitor altogether.
              Also if you're working with CRTs or analogue TFTs, analogue signal cable quality etc also plays a great role. I can recommend the Eizo FD-C16 cable (DVI-I to D-sub). No need for converters! I use 2 of these. The quality of this analogue signal cable is outstanding.

I currently use the Spyder2 Pro with 2 x 22" inch CRTs (Vista and XP). XFX GF 7950GT 512MB and HIS Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB graphics cards. It works great.
              (But Q1 2008 I will replace them with 2 x 24" Eizo CE240W with dedicated monitor calibrator.)

Obviously I cannot say anything about the MAC situation. Sorry. (Maybe checkout the Macworld review below.)

Pick the time of day wisely to calibrate your monitor, for example when you usually do most of your work.
              And keep watching the environment lighting etc while you're calibrating.
              Or make several different profiles for different parts of a day, or even types of work.
              Also at first, you'll find calibrating time consuming. But keep perfecting the profile, don't be easily satisfied.
              Once you've learned the software and made your first "perfect? calibration profile", you can keep re-calibrating to the values stored in that "perfect? calibration profile". Without having to find the right settings anymore. All it then takes is loading that "perfect? calibration profile" as the target, and a couple of clicks.
              Unless someone changed the onscreen display settings off the monitor, and you don't know them anymore.
              So write these down (or when possible save them), right after each colour profile you make.

Good luck with it. (Apologies for the size of the reply.)
              Robert

Some pointers :
              Macworld: Review: Monitor Color Calibrators
              ColorVision Spyder2PRO (PC version) review by Digitaldingus
              Monitor calibration tool reviews at Dry Creek Photo
              ColorEyes Display Pro (bundled with DTP-94 or Spyder2 Pro)

Don't mind the dates of some of them. Things don't move very fast in the world of colour calibration.