• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the folder structure in RH not reflect what is in Windows Explorer?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why when I create a folder in the RoboHelp project e.g. "Job Aids" using Windows Explorer and store Word docs in it, that I am unable see that particular folder and its contents within RoboHelp's Project Manager?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm by no means an expert...
You should create a folder through the RH interface not Explorer. That way the folder will be registered with the fpj file that determines what files/folders to display.
It's not wise to perform 'covert' file ops in RH...use the interface whenever possible.
FYI, even if RH does display the folder you create, I highly doubt it will display the word docs within it. Maybe they should be baggage files instead...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH only sees the folders and files that you create via Project Manager. They are recorded in RH's database, the CPD file. If you don't add them that way, they are not part of the project.

It is also important the project is on your hard disk. The database is a Microsoft Access database and they don't work well across networks.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 21, 2008 Nov 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
To help clarify "why?" It is because you are creating a CHM or webhelp system, so RoboHelp creates virtual folders that will be the folders in the built project. They don't need to exist on your computer.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp