5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 8:20 AM by rjs23

Air App file damaged

chrisdat Level 1
      I am getting the message that the Air app (tried several) cannot install because the Air file is damaged. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Air. I’ve had this problem with my previous Mac (PowerPC). Just got a new Intel Mac - migrated my apps and still cannot install Adobe Air apps. Adobe Air installs fine - but not the apps. Here is my log file:
      Starting app install of file:///Users/christinedattilo/Desktop/TweetDeck_0_19_3.air
      UI SWF load is complete
      UI initialized
      Unpackaging to /private/var/folders/9c/9c2l9zRf2RWQ1++BYv7eNU+++TQ/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0
      failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="internal crypto error" errorID=0]
      starting cleanup of temporary files
      application installer exiting

Can someone help - there are so many good Air apps I’d like to use.
        • 1. Re: Air App file damaged
          tzeng Adobe Employee
          Could you take a look at this message:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=75&catid=697&threadid =1356799&highlight_key=y&keyword1=internal%20and%20crypto%20and%20error

to see if it might answer your question.

It looks like there might be some certificate in your system that causes the problem.

-ted
          • 2. Re: Air App file damaged
            chrisdat Level 1
            That worked. Previously I had deleted all the certificates in my login file. Now I deleted all the certificates in my system file.
            Question: Will the deleted (the fact that I don’t have them anymore) certificates cause me any problems?

Thanks - Chris
            • 3. Re: Air App file damaged
              tzeng Adobe Employee
              It is hard to answer your question without knowing what certificates you have deleted.

Normally, most certificates are Root CA certificates. That means you can install them later when they are needed.
              • 4. Air App file damaged
                flyguy747uk
                hi... I've been reading a number of threads on this frustrating issue & feel that some may be in a form of denial over it... having successfully downloaded adobe mediaplayer I subsequently received error messages on start-up saying that the adobe air file was damaged, even though adobe media still worked ok.. eventually, & more out of tidiness than anything else, I decided to uninstall AIR & reinstall it & thence came the problems... no matter where I downloaded it from I got the same error message as everyone else, about the file being damaged... anyway, being basically lazy I couldn't be doing with all the recommended logging of installation files, removal of certificates, etc & decided to move the AIR installation file to my C:/Program Files/Adobe folder & try installing it from there.. well, (cue fanfare) it worked! Obviously I can't guarantee it'll work for everyone or all intended uses but give it a go before you try all the other suggestions & you might save yourself an awful lot of heartache... cheers
                • 5. Air App file damaged
                  rjs23
                  Hm, I've been researching a solution for this cause I get this problem with Adobe Air 1.5 (with SDK package as 1.1). Recently, I have been playing around with my air application files and it somehow said it got corrupted. All I did was to replace some file that was outdated. It worked fine after I replaced some file until the next day when I turned on the computer and found out that Adobe Air was telling me that my Adobe Air was not able to run due to this error that is saying about my application is corrupted (damaged).

I did not mess with cert. or other stuff. All I simply did was to reinstall my application through Add/Remove program on Window XP SP3.

I thought I could come here, spit the solution out, and spread the solution to people who has same problem as I did.