5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2008 5:59 AM by Newsgroup_User

RemoteObject sometimes fails

thejavafreak
      Dear all,

If I fetch data from the backend using RemoteObject, sometimes the data is not able to populate the data that is retrieved to the Flex modules, though sometimes it works too. I must say with this kind of problem, my code has got to be okay since sometimes I can populate it. I use BlazeDS for RemoteObject to communicate to the Tomcat server. Does anyone face this kind of problem too? Is there anything I need to fine tune so the application can be more reliable?

Thank you in advance
        • 1. Re: RemoteObject sometimes fails
          Karl_Sigiscar_1971 Level 3

How many concurrent calls to the Remote Objects do you make. Browsers cannot handle more than 2 HTTP requests at the same time. If you launch more than 2, some requests will fail.
          • 2. Re: RemoteObject sometimes fails
            thejavafreak Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: Karl_Sigiscar_1971

How many concurrent calls to the Remote Objects do you make. Browsers cannot handle more than 2 HTTP requests at the same time. If you launch more than 2, some requests will fail.

Hi Karl,

Thank you so much for the response. But I have traced that there is only one request sent. Would it be because there is two concurrent user invoking the same remote object? Would there be any other reason that made this problem occur that you would know of?

Thank you in advance
            • 3. Re: RemoteObject sometimes fails
              Level 7

"thejavafreak" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:ggkp72$6ma$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Dear all,
              >
              > If I fetch data from the backend using RemoteObject, sometimes the data is
              > not
              > able to populate the data that is retrieved to the Flex modules, though
              > sometimes it works too. I must say with this kind of problem, my code has
              > got
              > to be okay since sometimes I can populate it. I use BlazeDS for
              > RemoteObject to
              > communicate to the Tomcat server. Does anyone face this kind of problem
              > too? Is
              > there anything I need to fine tune so the application can be more
              > reliable?

Do you have any logic in place to catch when there's a fault, and do you
              have any logic in place for when empty data is returned?

• 4. Re: RemoteObject sometimes fails
                thejavafreak Level 1
                quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User

Do you have any logic in place to catch when there's a fault, and do you
                have any logic in place for when empty data is returned?

Yes Amy, I have an onFault function when there's a fault on the RemoteObject processing. I also tried refreshing the browser, and then invoke the RemoteObject method and it doesn't work. Why does refreshing the browser could fail the RemoteObject invocation?
                • 5. Re: RemoteObject sometimes fails
                  Level 7

"thejavafreak" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:ggoquk$anq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  >
                  quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
                  >
                  > Do you have any logic in place to catch when there's a fault, and do you
                  > have any logic in place for when empty data is returned?
                  >
                  >

>
                  > Yes Amy, I have an onFault function when there's a fault on the
                  > RemoteObject
                  > processing. I also tried refreshing the browser, and then invoke the
                  > RemoteObject method and it doesn't work. Why does refreshing the browser
                  > could
                  > fail the RemoteObject invocation?

It's hard to say, because when you refresh the browser you break the debug
                  connection and can't step through your code :-s