2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2008 12:28 PM by Newsgroup_User

HHow do I Track my images Trace who has stolen my Images and puts them on there web site and claims that they have done

adobe_help_me Level 1
      How do I Track my images Trace who has stolen my Images and puts them on there web site and claims that they have done that work
      I know how to watermark my images,
        • 1. Re: HHow do I Track my images Trace who has stolen my Images and puts them on there web site and claims that they have done
          Rere2
          Hi,
          I always put a copyright with my name on it on all of my images. You can do this pretty easily in any image editing program. I use Photoshop and Fireworks. Of course they can edit it out--but that's quite a hassle,

Copyright on the image or not, it's illegal to take an image from a photographer and reproduce it. If you can prove this--especially since you say that they've claimed to have done it, you can take legal action.

You say you know how to watermark, why haven't you done this???

I'm a pro photographer, and in real life, even though I put the copyright on all of my products, even the best of customers will sometimes copy. But no matter where, how or when it's done it is against the law.
          • 2. Re: How do I Track My Images?? I would like to track my images myself
            Level 7
            adobe_help_me posted in macromedia.dreamweaver:

> How do I Track my images when someone else puts them on there web
            > site and claims that they have done that work I know how to
            > watermark my images,

The only way I know is to use digital wartermarking and tracking
            services like DigiMarc as suggested by Bregent in your previous thread.

It's kind of neat in that it places digital information in the images
            as noise. In most cases it's quite unobtrusive, but only you can be the
            judge of that.

The information even survives through some minor editing of the files.
            So if somebody crops your visible watermark or does some other minor
            editing, the information is still in the file.

I'm only an amateur photographer and my free trial ran out years ago. I
            did not get to see the tracking system in action with the trial
            version.

--
            Mark A. Boyd
            Keep-On-Learnin' :)