5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2008 11:12 AM by yantzgh

Data points on a LineSeries

yantzgh Level 1
      Is it possible to show the data points on a LineSeries? Currently, the round data point only appears when the mouse is over the data point. What I'd like is to have that data point always visible (and to not show the dataTip).

Any help would be appreciated. I'm using the 3.2 SDK
        • 1. Re: Data points on a LineSeries
          mrcoolcourt
          Hey how you doing, im no pro but i ran across this earlier today, maybe you could use this info.

http://marxsoftware.blogspot.com/2008/08/flex-charts-with-google-charts-and.html
          • 2. Re: Data points on a LineSeries
            Level 7

"yantzgh" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gfv8b9$3j7$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Is it possible to show the data points on a LineSeries? Currently, the
            > round
            > data point only appears when the mouse is over the data point. What I'd
            > like
            > is to have that data point always visible (and to not show the dataTip).
            >
            > Any help would be appreciated. I'm using the 3.2 SDK

You may find this useful

http://flexdiary.blogspot.com/2008/08/charting-example.html

• 3. Re: Data points on a LineSeries
              yantzgh Level 1
              The Flex SDK team should look into making this behavior easier. I spent almost 2 days searching Google and the Forums for a solution to this problem.

Also, in the code listed at the blog, it doesn't show how to set the color of the circle. The circle takes it color from the 'fill' style of the line. So, if you haven't explicitly set the fill for the line, it will use the default color (which will likely not match your lineStroke style).
              • 4. Re: Data points on a LineSeries
                Level 7

"yantzgh" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:gg1cjo$2nl$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > The Flex SDK team should look into making this behavior easier. I spent
                > almost
                > 2 days searching Google and the Forums for a solution to this problem.
                >
                > Also, in the code listed at the blog, it doesn't show how to set the color
                > of
                > the circle. The circle takes it color from the 'fill' style of the line.
                > So,
                > if you haven't explicitly set the fill for the line, it will use the
                > default
                > color (which will likely not match your lineStroke style).

Well, gee, let me just run out and redo the example to reflect every little
                thing every user could possibly want...

Just FYI, I found the vast majority of the information needed to do that in
                the Help files. There's an article on my blog about how to set up your help
                to make the results more useful.

• 5. Re: Data points on a LineSeries
                  yantzgh Level 1
                  Sorry to have offended you Amy. I wasn't trying to sound ungrateful. Your solution was a great help.