1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 3, 2008 1:18 PM by Newsgroup_User

XML/XSL processing in Dreamweaver?

Level 7
      While there is server-side and client-side XML processing I wonder if it's
      possible to process XML documents in Dreamweaver, too? Imagine you have
      two directories xml and web. In the xml directory you have a couple of XML
      documents and XSL stylesheets which you would like to process to create
      HTML files in the web directory. As far as I can tell you can edit XML and
      XSL files in Dreamweaver, you can validate them and even attach a XSL file
      to a XML file but you can't process them? I wouldn't mind to setup the
      required tools myself but there is not even a textbox to tell Dreamweaver
      where to find those tools (something like the textbox to enter a program
      to compare files)?

Boris
        • 1. Re: XML/XSL processing in Dreamweaver?
          Level 7
          Boris,

DW supports XSLT. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "processing" XML
          documents in DW. Maybe the DW CS4 Live View is what you're looking for?

Randy

> While there is server-side and client-side XML processing I wonder if
          > it's possible to process XML documents in Dreamweaver, too? Imagine you
          > have two directories xml and web. In the xml directory you have a couple
          > of XML documents and XSL stylesheets which you would like to process to
          > create HTML files in the web directory. As far as I can tell you can
          > edit XML and XSL files in Dreamweaver, you can validate them and even
          > attach a XSL file to a XML file but you can't process them? I wouldn't
          > mind to setup the required tools myself but there is not even a textbox
          > to tell Dreamweaver where to find those tools (something like the
          > textbox to enter a program to compare files)?