2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2008 3:44 AM by atta707

I have a data grid and I want to filter by date

nikos101 Level 2
      I have a data grid and I want to filter by date. How I want to do this is have a slider with 2 movable pickers and the range of this slider is the max and min dates of a dateColumn in the grid.

Could anyone give me some help?
        • 1. Re: I have a data grid and I want to filter by date
          atta707 Level 2
          Assuming you know the mix and max dates to filter, whether using a slider or date controls or whatever and the event on which you wan to filter the data grid, take a look at filterFunction property of underlying ArrayCollection of the data grid.

Basically, whenever the event on which you need filter the array is fired you'll need to call refresh() method on the array collection and it will execute the filterFunction function for each row where you'll decide which row to keep and which to hide.

ATTA
          • 2. Re: I have a data grid and I want to filter by date
            atta707 Level 2
            Assuming you know the mix and max dates to filter, whether using a slider or date controls or whatever and the event on which you wan to filter the data grid, take a look at filterFunction property of underlying ArrayCollection of the data grid.

Basically, whenever the event on which you need filter the array is fired you'll need to call refresh() method on the array collection and it will execute the filterFunction function for each row where you'll decide which row to keep and which to hide.

ATTA