2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2008 8:52 AM by NewtoRobohelp

Error message when exiting RobohelpHTML

NewtoRobohelp
      When I close RoboHelp, I receive a message stating ""Adobe Robohelp 7 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I don't need to have a project open to receive the error, and get it on every project I work on. I've even tried creating a new project without any luck. I've been running RH7 for months now, but recently upgraded to Office 2007. I don't think this is the problem though because a co-worker gets the same error message and she hasn't upgraded Office yet. This problem just started happening out of the blue to both of us.
        • 1. Re: Error message when exiting RobohelpHTML
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional
          The fact that this has happened to two of you at the same time and it is not project related suggests it is to do with your setup.

Looking at RH first, is it the case that your projects are all local (or under source control)?

If yes, then you need to speak to your IT people. My first thoughts are that they have done something with the virus checking program or firewall. It could also be they have made some profile changes or permissions changes. The latter should not be an issue with RH7 but if they have reduced your permissions, it could be worth reinstating local admin permissions to see what happens.

Like you, I don't think the Office upgrade is the issue. With previous versions of RH, if you upgraded Word, you did have to uninstall RH and reinstall it. First that is no longer true and second, as you point out, that has not happened to your colleague and she has the problem too. Also, upgrading Word gave an error message, not a crash like this.

Let us know how you get on.

• 2. Error message when exiting RobohelpHTML
            NewtoRobohelp Level 1
            Peter,

Thanks for your reply. We are running all of our projects locally and are not using Source Control. We have four others on our team, so I will be able to find out if they are having the same problem tomorrow (Monday). In the mean time, I'll try your recommendations.