2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 10:23 AM by escouten

Updated SDK documentation

escouten Adobe Employee
      Hello all ... we've posted a minor update to the SDK documentation at the Lightroom Developer Center.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshoplightroom/

The PDF documentation is updated to reflect a few errors that have been brought to our attention in the last few months.

Also, one function on export service providers was inadvertently omitted from earlier documentation. This function (updateExportSettings, p. 36-37 of new PDF) allows you to override specific settings before Lightroom begins rendering the exported files.
        • 1. Re: Updated SDK documentation
          DawMatt Level 3
          Hi Eric,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Looking at the Lightroom SDK page I couldn't see any indication that the document had changed, and the only indication towards the start of the document itself was this note on page 2:

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom SDK 2.0 Programmers Guide: December 2008 update for 2.2.

Is there any chance a (last updated: December 2008) style comment could be added next to each download link on the devnet page? Otherwise it is nigh impossible for us to notice when updates have been made.

For those interested, the other material differences in the document seem to be:
          pg 21 - VERSION has been added
          pg 54 - LR_exportFiltersFromThisPlugin

Matt
          • 2. Re: Updated SDK documentation
            escouten Adobe Employee
            "Is there any chance a (last updated: December 2008) style comment could be added next to each download link on the devnet page?"

Matt, I don't have direct control over that content, so I've forwarded your comment along to our Dec Center team. Hopefully we can get that added.