2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2008 4:30 PM by Newsgroup_User

Two simple questions

asddsada
      I've started playing with Flex few hours ago. It's great platform, and documentation gives you opportunity to quickly learn all you need, but two (trivial) things are driving me mad:

- How to display dialog window? I created my own <mx:Window /> class and want when user clicks on some button to display that window as dialog. Meaning - new window should take focus and not let it go until closed - it should be not possible for user to click or use parent window (that opened dialog)
      - How to block window and start playing some Loading... animation? I have operation which takes some time and want to have any kind of animation to block user data entry/window moving, and entertain him until operation is finished.

Thanks in advance for answers!
        • 1. Re: Two simple questions
          atta707 Level 2
          Take a look at the TitleWindow component.

As for loading message, you can have two states (in flex builder help search for States), the first one shows the wait message and once the image is loaded, you change the state to one that shows the image.

ATTA
          • 2. Re: Two simple questions
            Level 7

"asddsada" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gfoit1$m3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > I've started playing with Flex few hours ago. It's great platform, and
            > documentation gives you opportunity to quickly learn all you need, but two
            > (trivial) things are driving me mad:
            >
            > - How to display dialog window? I created my own <mx:Window /> class and
            > want
            > when user clicks on some button to display that window as dialog.
            > Meaning - new
            > window should take focus and not let it go until closed - it should be not
            > possible for user to click or use parent window (that opened dialog)

Try Alert or TitleWindow.

> - How to block window and start playing some Loading... animation? I have
            > operation which takes some time and want to have any kind of animation to
            > block
            > user data entry/window moving, and entertain him until operation is
            > finished.

I haven't played much with the ProgressBar component, but I think there's a
            fair amount of documentation on it.

HTH;

Amy