1 2 Previous Next 75 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2009 4:40 PM by (Linda_Lindquist)

Top Issues Link

Level 1
      Photoshop Album
      Top issues: http://rss.adobe.com/www/support/top/top_photoshop_album.xml
      Recent documents: http://rss.adobe.com/www/support/recent/recent_psa.xml
        • 1. Re: Top Issues Link
          first timer -carl :

ANY advantage/s to psa 3, I just installed over psa 2 ?! DOES either contribute to serious problem (see below), that I and others seem to be having :

did not get to use v.2 before doing installing v.3 (to KNOW if there is any difference/reason to use one or the other) BUT - I am NOW HAVING SAME PROBLEMS AS some others read in this forum, RE: v.3 OVERRIDING all other (both an automatic - and a manual activated) PHOTO/VIDEO downloading/editing programs on harddrive !

NOT up on any of this - but 'solutions' by Jute & Dennehy have not worked yet to 'disable' auto-intercept/activation (then crashing in conflict with other app's doing same thing), so... HELP, PLEASE ?
          • 2. Re: Top Issues Link
            Here's at least a start.

Start Album Starter.

At the top of the screen, click on Edit, then (at the bottom of the drop-down menu) Preferences.

In the white left margin of the dialog box, it will probably indicate that it is showing "General" preferences. Click on "File" instead.

Where it says "Use Photoshop Album Starter to view jpeg image files" uncheck the box.

Then click "OK."

Then do what the previous instructions said--Open up Explorer and pick an image. Right click on the image and pick Open
            with... and then find the application you want to open these images with. If you then check the box that says ALWAYS open with this application... that will sort out the problem.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I can't believe we bought Creative Suite and Photoshop, only to have Photoshop hijacked by a free download. I'll bet that will be fixed by the time the next edition comes out!
            • 3. Re: Top Issues Link
              I have upgraded to 3.0 and every time I try to register I never get an e-mail with a unlock code. I have checked my e-mail and made shure adobe is allowed in. any Ideas Bill
              • 4. Re: Top Issues Link
                I downloaded Adobe Photoshop Album Edition 3.0. I just want to know why I didn't get a code to unlock my album. I think that the code went to junkmail and I and me my self deleted it. Still I want to have the CODE.HELP, HELP Thanks for your help.
                • 5. Re: Top Issues Link
                  I have an 'Anti-Spam' file at the bottom of my Outlook Express files, to which all unknown 'from: addresses' are sent.
                  If I haven't approved a sender in my InBox Address Book the message goes to the AntiSpam (AS) file. I have the ability to review all AS mail before deleting them. If you can do similar, that's probably where your code message is hiding.
                  • 6. Re: Top Issues Link
                    its oke with photoshop album edition 3 .Thank You for HELP
                    • 7. Re: Top Issues Link
                      Level 1
                      I downloaded Adobe Photoshop Album Edition 3 and everytime I try to register it says "sending failed". I don't understand why I can't register or at least get my pictures outta there so I can use them. Please help!!!
                      • 8. Re: Top Issues Link
                        Level 1
                        Ginie,

Do you have a firewall? Try turning it off temporarily.

Cheers
                        • 9. Re: Top Issues Link
                          i have 2 computers, each at a different location, but with the same email address at each location.. i deleted adobe photo album starter 2.0 and replaced with 3.0 i can not get an unlock code on the second computer. when i installed 2.0 i received an unlock code for each computer. does 3.0 provide each computer a different unlock code as did 2.0 or does 3.0 use the same unlock code for each computer? when i try to register one computer gives me an unlock code and the other says that i will receive an unlock by email which i never receive.advise. thank you. steveZ
                          • 10. Re: Top Issues Link
                            Level 1
                            I have 2 computers, each at a different location, both with windows XP service pack 2.I have a different email address at each location. I deleted adobe photo album starter 2.0 and replaced with 3.0 I cannot get an unlock code on the second computer. One computer received an unlock code, the other computer says that an unlock will be emailed to me, however i do not receive. how can I get the unlock code for the second computer? advise. thanks, SteveZ
                            • 11. Re: Top Issues Link
                              Level 1
                              just kept trying and finally received the unlock code
                              • 12. Re: Top Issues Link
                                Level 1
                                disregard this post
                                • 13. Re: Top Issues Link
                                  Level 1
                                  how do i place photoshop 3.0 starter icon in systray and have it stay there?
                                  • 14. Re: Top Issues Link
                                    When I send pictures by email from starter album the recipient gets only giberish instead of the picture when she clicks on the attachment. The copy I get is perfect when I open it. What must she do to be able to view the picture? She downloaded Adobe Reader but that had no effect. Anyone have the answer?
                                    • 15. Re: Top Issues Link
                                      Level 1
                                      Walter

You should really have started a new topic. Your query will get lost in here.

What format are you pictures? JPEG?
                                      have you tried emailing one to yourself to see if it's OK?
                                      You can email me, if you'd like me to check: colin_walls AT yahoo DOT com
                                      • 16. Re: Top Issues Link
                                        after using Album 3.0 for years, I suddenly got the license agreement followed by a registration screen when opening Album starter 3.0. when I enter the code, the whole app shuts down. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
                                        • 17. Re: Top Issues Link
                                          Level 1
                                          In theory it is time sensitive, but it sounds in your case like there is
                                          another issue. Try reinstalling the application and see if that helps.

Cheers
                                          • 18. Re: Top Issues Link
                                            I have read several post with the same concerns I am having. No CODE, after I realized I had to turn off my firewall. I have tried so many times now I have lost count. Makes you wonder if Adobe is falling down on the job.
                                            • 19. Re: Top Issues Link
                                              Level 1
                                              Melony,

Can you please create a new post with more complete information? Thanks.

Jim
                                              • 20. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                Please help. I am brand new to Photoshop Album Starter Edition and I don't know what I am doing and I don't have anyone to ask. I don't have an instruction book to read and I don't even know enough to put in a subject in the Help section. This is the free Photoshop that comes with Abobe. I have learned how to crop and do red eye. I would like to know how to send pictures via email, but when I try to send them, only one gets through. I need lots of advice. Thanks, mariellen
                                                • 21. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                  Level 1
                                                  My computer says Photoshop Album Edition 3.0, if that helps anybody tell me how to use this program. My husband put it on here, but he is not able to help me anymore. Thanks, m
                                                  • 22. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                    I have a new computer. I know how to move all the pictures from the old one to the new one.
                                                    But how can I move all the TAGS from the old computer to the new one????
                                                    Thanks for your answers ;-)
                                                    • 23. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                      Level 1
                                                      Jürgen Felkel:

You should have posted a new topic ...

Find the file My Catalog.PSA. It is in Docs&Settings somewhere - in a hidden folder. Move it to the same place on the new computer and you'll be sorted.
                                                      • 24. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                        hi im new to the adobe photoshop and i was wondering how you compare/measure the color differences of two pics.
                                                        • 25. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                          Level 1
                                                          Nathan

> im new to the adobe photoshop and i was wondering how you compare/measure the color differences of two pics.

Which exact software do you have?
                                                          • 26. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                            I also cannot get a code to unlock! It keeps giving me an error that it can't find the site. Turned off phishing and firewall and it still won't work. HELP
                                                            • 27. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                              Is there a way to move the pictures to My Documents? I would like to use some to make flyers and business cards but can't seem to move them to other programs. Any suggestions?
                                                              Thanks, Betty
                                                              • 28. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                                Level 1
                                                                Betty

This is really a new topic ...

Your pictures are not "in" the program, it is only cataloging what you have. The pictures are [probably] just in folders in My Pictures. You can always make copies in another folder by just dragging them out of PSE SE to the folder you want.
                                                                • 29. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                                  Does anyone know how to eliminate duplicates without individually deleting.
                                                                  thanks,
                                                                  clint
                                                                  • 30. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                                    Level 1
                                                                    Depending on your situation... just hold the ctrl key down and click on the
                                                                    thumbnails you want to delete, then hit the delete key.

Cheers
                                                                    • 31. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                                      is there a way to recover deleted pictures in the photoshop 3.2 program?
                                                                      John Rice
                                                                      • 32. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                                        Level 1
                                                                        John

Are they in the Recycle Bin?
                                                                        • 33. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                                          How to make a photo album or slide show
                                                                          • 34. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                                            How do I stop Photoshop Starter Album from opening automatically when I insert a USB memory stick. I use these sticks primarily for data transfer and when Album starts at insertion of the stick it prevents Windows Explorer from displaying the removable drive.
                                                                            • 35. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                                              Level 1
                                                                              Disable the downloader. The steps are actually in a page in this forum.

Cheers
                                                                              • 36. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                                                i cant email pictures. I click OK to send pictures and it takes me to logennetpassport. and I cant send them how do I get around logennetpassport
                                                                                • 37. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                                                  HI,

I would like to move my pictures from Adobe photshop 3.0 album starter to my personal files off of Windows XP. I am not interested in purchasing Adobe at this time and do not want to loose my prescious
                                                                                  photos as I have deleted them from my camera. I have tried to send them to "my pictures" but I can't seem to do that. Thank you so much for your time. My account number with Adobe customer service is 3150190759

Best regards,

Maria Castillo
                                                                                  • 38. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                                                    Level 1
                                                                                    Hi,

I would like to move my pics from Adobe photoshop 3.0 album starter to my personal files on Windows XP. I do not want to loose my precious photos as I have deleted them from my camera. I am not interested in purchasing Adobe photoshop at this time. I tried moving the pics. to "my pictures" but I am not able. I thank you for your concern. My account number with customer service is 150190759

Best regards,

Maria Castillo
                                                                                    • 39. Re: Top Issues Link
                                                                                      Level 1
                                                                                      Maria_Castillo@adobeforums.com wrote:
                                                                                      > Hi,
                                                                                      >
                                                                                      > I would like to move my pics from Adobe photoshop 3.0 album starter to my personal files on Windows XP. I do not want to loose my precious photos as I have deleted them from my camera. I am not interested in purchasing Adobe photoshop at this time. I tried moving the pics. to "my pictures" but I am not able. I thank you for your concern. My account number with customer service is 150190759
                                                                                      >
                                                                                      > Best regards,
                                                                                      >
                                                                                      > Maria Castillo
                                                                                      Hi Maria,

Actually the photos are not stored "in" Photoshop Album... this is more
                                                                                      of an indexing system like windows explorer, but more useful.

The images are stored on your hard drive wherever you initially put
                                                                                      them. For example, if you right click on an image, and then click
                                                                                      properties at the bottom of the list, you will see what folder the image
                                                                                      is actually in. This version does not have the move function, but you
                                                                                      can move them from Windows explorer... just use PSA to find them... and
                                                                                      then you can move them manually. Keep in mind that once you move an
                                                                                      image, you will need to run the reconnect function under the file menu
                                                                                      to make sure that PSA knows where the images are.

Cheers
                                                                                      1 2 Previous Next