28 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2008 2:10 AM by (Sarah_Bruce) RSS

registration and unlock code????????

I used Photoshop forever and now it's telling me to REGISTER. I got the email with the UNLOCK code, but when I enter it, it shuts down the program and I cant access my photos. I called Support and they told me to use the forums since this is not a 'live supported product'.
      CAN SOMEONE HELP ME GET TO MY STUFF??? thanks
        • 1. Re: registration and unlock code????????
          Community Member
          Which support number did you use? I sent out a number on this previously
          as the company itself gave me that number to provide to users when they
          have this registration issues. It should be 1-800-833-668. If it is a
          problem... please try again, get the name of the person who is NOT
          helping you and I will send it to someone for confirmation. Otherwise,
          what I have done in the past is just re-register... stupid, but it worked.

Cheers
          • 2. Re: registration and unlock code????????
            Hello. I recently upgraded from Adobe Photoshopo Starter Edition 3.0 to 3.2. Since the initial installation we moved and got another Mail Address. We also had a technician set up Internet Explorer, yet found ourselves reverting back to MSN.com.

The Register page popped up, would not take my original code to un-lock. I had entered our NEW Email address also when this page popped up. So, I chnaged the Email addresses to the original and it opened right up - I am not sure that this will meet your requirements since that phone service was bought out.

So now, when I attempt to send a photo to anyone, an I Explorer page pops up and then a small question box wanting User & Pass Word. I always enter important data like this..but haven't a clue )

Than would like to 'detach' the I Explorer from all processes now but I don't know how. The MSN-sent Emails are always perfect.

My hight tech knowledge is close to zero and I'm tempted to Delete In-ternet Explorer completely...I don't know where to work with it.

I am also in possession of Adobe P-Shop 5.5 which I never installed and just found out from your associate today that I can't get the CSII update anymore. Do you have anything to say about what I can do with the 5.5 which cost $600. 6 years ago ?? ( anywhere besides eBay, since I find very little Adobe anything for sale

Thanks a lot, in advance, for your assistance.

Joe Muhlke, Owner
            Desert Star picture production
            Las Cruces, New Mexico
            (575) 526-6547
            • 3. Re: registration and unlock code????????
              Community Member
              I changed my email address to another and it STILL wont let me in. I think my pictures are just gone and I'll have to use the HP PhotoSmart that came with my PC. Thanks for the info though. This is SO frustrating.
              • 4. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                Community Member
                Joseph_Muhlke@adobeforums.com wrote:
                > Hello. I recently upgraded from Adobe Photoshopo Starter Edition 3.0 to 3.2. Since the initial installation we moved and got another Mail Address. We also had a technician set up Internet Explorer, yet found ourselves reverting back to MSN.com.
                >
                > The Register page popped up, would not take my original code to un-lock. I had entered our NEW Email address also when this page popped up. So, I chnaged the Email addresses to the original and it opened right up - I am not sure that this will meet your requirements since that phone service was bought out.
                >
                > So now, when I attempt to send a photo to anyone, an I Explorer page pops up and then a small question box wanting User & Pass Word. I always enter important data like this..but haven't a clue )
                >
                > Than would like to 'detach' the I Explorer from all processes now but I don't know how. The MSN-sent Emails are always perfect.
                >
                > My hight tech knowledge is close to zero and I'm tempted to Delete In-ternet Explorer completely...I don't know where to work with it.
                >
                > I am also in possession of Adobe P-Shop 5.5 which I never installed and just found out from your associate today that I can't get the CSII update anymore. Do you have anything to say about what I can do with the 5.5 which cost $600. 6 years ago ?? ( anywhere besides eBay, since I find very little Adobe anything for sale
                >
                > Thanks a lot, in advance, for your assistance.
                >
                > Joe Muhlke, Owner
                > Desert Star picture production
                > Las Cruces, New Mexico
                > (575) 526-6547

Hi Joseph,

This is actually a user to user forum, so all of us here are end-users,
                similar to yourself.

I'm a little confused... what exactly do you need? You have different
                questions here, and I'm sure they're related, but I can't really figure
                out what you need. Do you just want to upgrade? Can you not start an
                application?

You might just want to start a new thread so we can look at your problem
                specifically.

Cheers
                • 5. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                  Community Member
                  You didn't tell me if you called the number I left for you.

Cheers
                  • 6. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                    Community Member
                    sorry, Yes, I called that number and spoke to TINA. She was nice, but didnt know how to spell Orlando or Florida, so I can only assume she's not local..but that's ok..I'm going to try and get someone else later today. I still dont know why even when I changed the email registration info that it didnt work........ I'll keep you posted and thanks!!
                    • 7. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                      CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I ORIGINALLY HAD ADOBE STARTER EDITION 2.0 I SEE MY PIC'S IN THE FILE BUT ONCE I CLICK IT SAYS PART OF FILE IS MISSING TRY REINSTALLING, i NO LONGER HAVE THE CD, I SEE NO WHERE ON ADOBE DOWNLOAD PAGE THE 2.0. I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD THE 3.0 TO NO AVAIL.
                      SOME PICS I HAVE ARE OF MY COUSIN WHO WAS KILLED LAST MONTH AND THOSE ARE THE ONES I DEPERATELY WANT TO RETRIEVE. I WILL BUY THE DISK WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET MY PICS...PLEASE HELP ME THANKS ELIZABETH DALTON
                      • 8. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                        Community Member
                        Hi Elizabeth,

Let's go through this step by step. First, this software does not "hold"
                        your pictures, it just tracks them. This means that your pictures are
                        still on the computer unless you yourself deleted them. It sounds like
                        this is unlikely.

Before we work on the software, please search your harddrive with
                        windows explorer. If you don't know how to do that... let me know and we
                        will work through this together.

Cheers
                        • 9. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                          Trying to use Starter 3.2 -- completed the registration form and submitted same; got my unlock key and entered that. Now every time I start 3.2 I get the registration form and it's asking for my unlock key. Have reentered same and it takes but each time I start 3.2 it's going through the registration/unlock routine. It is also decrementing the number of times I have left to use the program. Anyone out in cyberspace have any thoughts on what to do??
                          • 10. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                            Community Member
                            Paul,

Here is the number for Adobe Customer Support. They should be able to
                            help you figure out what is going wrong with the application.

800-833-6687

Cheers
                            • 11. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                              Hi - I have down loaded the Starter Version of Photo Album but am unable to
                              a: Register as I do not get an email with my Unlock Key ???
                              b: Use any of the "Create" functions as the program seems to be trying to down load but after a while a dialog box tells me that my Internet connection is faulty ! I am on ADSL so what's up Doc ??

Now only have 4 occassions to use this program left and am getting desperate.

Hank G van de Weg
                              • 12. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                Community Member
                                Success !! I changed my enail address and got the code. Why it didn't accept my previous address the Lord only knows ! So try changing your email address.
                                • 13. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                  When I try to register after connecting to the server I get the following Windows Internet Explorer Error Code :-

"Cannot find 'http//www.onlineregister.com/powerregister/webview/...etc"

Please help
                                  • 14. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                    Community Member
                                    Is it possible that your firewall is blocking the application from
                                    reaching the internet?

Cheers
                                    • 15. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                      Community Member
                                      I reste Norton 360 to allow Adbe photoshop but it still does not work.

However when i entered the HTTP addres into IE it accepted it and gave me a thank you note - however no unlock code !!
                                      • 16. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                        Community Member
                                        I tried that but it still wont work
                                        • 17. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                          Community Member
                                          The unlock code just comes in an email to you.... which means that it
                                          might be going into your spam as well. Have you checked there?

Cheers
                                          • 18. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                            Community Member
                                            I have checked it did not go to my junk email folder(outlook)
                                            • 19. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                              Community Member
                                              Hi Stephen,

If you are in the US, you can try this number 1-800-833-6687. Customer
                                              Support can give you a number to get you going.

Cheers
                                              • 20. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                                I've used the "Starter Edition 3.2" many times and it worked. I just received the message telling me to REGISTER. Got the e-mail with the "CODE" and entered it. Now when I go to "File" - "Get photos" - "From Files" I get a FATAL ERROR message (error code: c0000096, address:C02al.) Any thoughts on what happened?
                                                • 21. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                                  Community Member
                                                  Hi Dan,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? I'm not familiar with that
                                                  error, but if it is file related to PSA SE, this will rewrite any
                                                  corrupted files. It will not harm your images by the way.

Cheers
                                                  • 22. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                                    Hi Dan
                                                    Are you Dan the genealogist. I am looking for Dan Getreu who posted on the Campbell Forum a few years ago. The email address they list is not valid.
                                                    bobjines@yahoo.com
                                                    • 23. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                                      I'm from Singapore and got a Sony Ericsson mobile phone K610im. It came with a CD that says PC Suite. The CD carries a Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0. I installed it. Photos got successfully transferred but the next time I wanted to access them, the pop up registration from Adobe came up. I completed all the particulars. Had the same problems as all of you: no unlock code. Tried removing and installing program again but still cannot access the photos.
                                                      Can anybody help?

Tangerine Waters
                                                      • 24. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                                        Community Member
                                                        I bought a Sony Ericsson mobile phone which came with a CD. In the CD was a program for photos editing, Adobe Photoshop Starter Edition 3.0. After installation, I successfully transferred the photos to the PC using the mentioned program. But the next time I accessed it, I encountered the same problem as all of you: no unlock code. I tried removing the program and re-installing it, but to no success. Can anyone help?
                                                        • 25. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                                          Community Member
                                                          Hi Tony,

When you got the software, you should have been prompted to register. If
                                                          not, see if you can send Adobe an email directly. Someone should be able
                                                          to provide you with a code. This is just a user to user forum and
                                                          unfortunately the only contact I know of is in North America.

If this proves to be a problem, let me know and I'll see if I can find
                                                          another solution for you.

Cheers
                                                          • 26. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                                            I'm from India and got a Sony Ericsson mobile phone. It came with a CD that says PC Suite. The CD carries a Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0. I installed it. Photos got successfully transferred but the next time I wanted to access them, the pop up registration from Adobe came up. I completed all the particulars. Had the same problems as all of you: no unlock code. Tried removing and installing program again but still cannot access the photos.
                                                            Can anybody help?

Navin Dev
                                                            navinkumardev@yahoo.com
                                                            • 27. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                                              Community Member
                                                              Be sure to check out the advice on Unlock Codes at:
                                                              http://www.startereditionuser.com/?page_id=25
                                                              CS
                                                              • 28. Re: registration and unlock code????????
                                                                Community Member
                                                                HAVING TO RE-REGISTER ALL THE TIME??

I am using Windows Vista and had the same problem as you.

I managed to get around it as follows :

1 Right Click on the desktop shortcut for Photoshop and then select the 'Run as Administrator' option.

2 Photoshop will launch and I found that I could then enter my unlock code.

Hope this works for you.
                                                                Sarah