This content has been marked as final. Show 10 replies
You're looking at a lot of different applications for a catalog error.
Are you having trouble with other areas?
No, it's just the PSA-SE that won't open/won't read My Catalog.
Do your machine has multiple users? Usually the first error message is shown when any other user has the application open.
No, no multiple users on this machine, or on that application. Both are located on the C: drive of a computer with intranet and internet access.
Could it have anything to do with the application Microsoft Access? [Microsoft ODBC Access97 driver] is named in the first error message. Access97 was always on this computer, but it wasn't actually put into use until about 6-8 months ago, and it was sometime after I started using it that I could no longer open PSA-SE. Connection? Fixable?
As I recall Tracey, it uses something like an Access engine, but I don't
know what it uses specifically. Because this is a cataloge error, I'm
not sure uninstalling and reinstalling will help, but did you try this?
Reinstalling PSA-SE? Yes, multiple times. Both before and after doing each of the c:\ prompt fixes suggested in other posts.
Can you just confirm that you uninstall before you reinstalled please?
I'll see what I can find after that. I'm a bit pressed for the next
couple of weeks, hopefully it doesn't take THAT long... but if the
answers seem to come slowly... you'll know why.
Yes, I did go through the complete uninstall process, at least three times. Thanks for looking into this and helping to troubleshoot whenever you get a chance. If I have any breakthroughs, I'll be sure to post.
Just looking back at your posts. Did you delete the Illustrator folders?
You might also see if something like CCleaner can help to find pointers
going in the wrong direction. It can't hurt. You would find it at
ccleaner.com, which will direct you to filehippo.com or something like
that. If a free little utility that I found at CNET one time and found
it to often be helpful. Doesn't help with anything... but it can get
Sorry to take so long to respond. The problem is now fixed, thanks to a larger problem that surfaced on 2/14 - a corrupt hard drive. That morning, My CPU suddenly decided it couldn't find my Windows logon.exe file and a few .dll files as well, so in the shop it went. It's back today, and so is PSE-SE, so I'm assuming that the My Catalog files were in a corrupt sector.
Thanks for all the suggestions - I will look for the CCleaner.