7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2009 7:55 AM by (Nancy_Atchley)

cannot move photo from catalogue to all pictures in "home" location

I have adobe starter edition 3, windows xp. Computer is Dell 2400 (IBM), printer is PIXMA MP530. I have some pictures on fotki that I want to place in the "home" part of ADOBE, where all of my pictures can be seen. I am able to download to desktop. It seems as if I click on the ADOBE picture album folder, the photo would replace the picture album folder. When I download to the desktop, the photo is placed in the catalogue. When I try to place it in the home location, a "cannot place in location: picture already in catalgoue" message. I cannot see the photo unless I type in the file name and search using "find". I would like to be able to see this photo in the home folder. There are too many photos that need to be downloaded (a computer accident destroyed some photos, but I can download the original photo from fotki).
      How can I place the photos in the "home" loaction?
      Please reply to lrandall@nyc.rr.com Thank you.
        • 2. Re: cannot move photo from catalogue to all pictures in "home" location
          Level 1
          FOTKI is a web site on which people post their photos. www.fotki.com
          You have to be a member to download a picture you posted; non members can look at the pictures. Mine could be seen as ...public/lrandall
          • 3. Re: cannot move photo from catalogue to all pictures in "home" location
            Level 1
            Hi Laura,

I'm not sure I'm following. This could be a question of terms that we
            are using differently.

Maybe it would help if I explained what PSA SE does.

It is just a catalog with a minor editor. Essentially, it records the
            location of the image and shows you a thumbnail of what is there. If you
            make changes to this image it does not change the original, it makes a
            copy of it and changes ONLY the copy.

It also does not move the image. If you move the image, you have to do
            so manually and update the location by the "reconnect" function.

It is best to probably not put images on the desktop, rather put them in
            My Pictures inside the My Documents folder. Your desktop will quickly
            get cluttered otherwise... unless of course you have a folder there.

Now we need to determine a little more of what exactly you are doing.

Can you take me through step by step what you are doing and maybe I can
            guide you through. And no, I'm not an Adobe employee, just the moderator
            and I like to help.

Cheers
            • 4. Re: cannot move photo from catalogue to all pictures in "home" location
              Level 1
              Dear Jim Jutte,<br />Thank you for your reply. My answers are interspersed in your anwer to mee<br />----- Original Message ----- <br />From: "Jim Jütte" <member@adobeforums.com><br />To: <adobe.photoshop.album.starteredition@adobeforums.com><br />Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 8:38 PM<br />Subject: Re: cannot move photo from catalogue to all pictures in "home" <br />location<br /><br />>A new message was posted by Jim Jütte in<br />><br />> Photoshop Album Starter Edition --<br />>  cannot move photo from catalogue to all pictures in "home" location<br />><br />> Hi Laura,<br />><br />> I'm not sure I'm following. This could be a question of terms that we are <br />> using differently.<br />><br />> Maybe it would help if I explained what PSA SE does.<br />><br />> It is just a catalog with a minor editor. Essentially, it records the <br />> location of the image and shows you a thumbnail of what is there. If you <br />> make changes to this image it does not change the original, it makes a <br />> copy of it and changes ONLY the copy.<br />><br />> It also does not move the image. If you move the image, you have to do so <br />> manually and update the location by the "reconnect" function.<br />><br />I have not been able to use the reconnect function, because the original <br />files were destroyed in a computer accident.<br />When I try to download to my pictures inside the my documents folder, it <br />does not happen. When I changed how I tried to locate the files downloaded <br />to desktop, for the first time, I tried "by folder location", I found the <br />files in an adobe format under desktop.  I do not seem to be able to <br />download the photos to any other location than desktop; when I try to move <br />them to another folder, this does not seem possible. I find that no matter <br />what, once I try to move the photo from the desktop to another location, I <br />cannot get the home page to show this in the overall screen, because a "file <br />already exists in catalogue" message. ... I did manage to download to <br />desktop and then copy to another location two photos. They show up when I <br />view them according to folder, but do not appear in ADOBE when the photos <br />are arranged by date. To download, I went to FOTKI, right clicked on the <br />photo, and then saved them in DIGITAL CAMERA PHOTOS.<br /><br />> It is best to probably not put images on the desktop, rather put them in <br />> My Pictures inside the My Documents folder. Your desktop will quickly get <br />> cluttered otherwise... unless of course you have a folder there.<br />><br />> Now we need to determine a little more of what exactly you are doing.<br />><br />> Can you take me through step by step what you are doing and maybe I can <br />> guide you through. And no, I'm not an Adobe employee, just the moderator <br />> and I like to help.<br />><br />> Cheers Thanks in advance for your help, Laura<br />><br />>
              • 5. Re: cannot move photo from catalogue to all pictures in "home" location
                Level 1
                In case it is saying that it already contains the images,you can try to rename the existing the catalog file from the explorer.After this when you re-launch the application a new catalog file will be made and the images can be imported in it.
                • 6. Re: cannot move photo from catalogue to all pictures in "home" location
                  I am having a similar problem. I am going to All Programs to start Adobe Photoshop Starter Album Edition 3.0. Once there, my pictures automatically pop up. I need to move these photos from "My catalog" that pops up to My Pictures in the My Documents folder. Could someone please walk me through the steps to do this? OR even better would be to tell me (if there is a way) how to move the photos to the walmart.com site so I can have the pictures printed.
                  • 7. Re: cannot move photo from catalogue to all pictures in "home" location
                    How can I move pictures from Adobe picture gallery to another
                    location, photoshop or flashdrive?