6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2009 9:44 PM by (Sourabh)

Mailing Photos

I'm using Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2. I'm having trouble mailing photos with it that I didn't seem to have with the older editions.

Specifically, if I click on Edit/Preferences/Email it allows me to select an email client in a drop-down box. But it only has options for the Microsoft products Hotmail, Outlook Express and SaveToDisk whereas I use Thunderbird for email.

Do I need to do something to tell Album that other mail tools exist, or is this some deal with Microsoft to limit one's options?

Windows XP already understands that I use a different email program. If I click on a mail address link from within a browser, XP properly opens Thunderbird. Yet Adobe doesn't seem to know it exists.

Any suggestions to resolve this?

Thanks.

Bill
        • 1. Re: Mailing Photos
          Using Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2. I'm also having trouble mailing photos.If I click on Edit/Preferences/Email it allows me to select an email client in a drop-down box. But it only has an option for the Microsoft product Outlook Express. I do have a contact list in Outlook Express, but Adobe Photoshop does apperently not know that.
          Any suggestions to resolve this?

Thanks.

Anders H
          • 2. Re: Mailing Photos
            Hi,
            I am not sure if other email client except the ones shown in the preferences dialog are supported. Did you tried setting any other email client as your default email client and then using Album to send email.
            ~Sourabh
            • 3. Re: Mailing Photos
              I am also having trouble emailing photos on the 3.2 starter edition. I use Internet Explorer but this doesn't seem to be available. Is there a way to send these photos through Internet explorer? Secondly, I can email photos from 'My Pictures' via Internet Explorer in mocrosoft but how do you transfer the pictures from Adobe Photoshop to "My Pictures".

Very interested in any help here?

Thanks
              Ray
              • 4. Re: Mailing Photos
                Level 1
                Hi Ray,

There might be some confusion here. You can't send email with IE, but
                you might be using something like hotmail on the web with IE. Is that
                what you mean?

Cheers
                • 5. Re: Mailing Photos
                  How do I change my default e-mail preference to yahoomail using Firefox?
                  • 6. Re: Mailing Photos
                    Level 1
                    You can change the default email preference with following steps -

Setting Firefox's mail client

In Firefox, you can change how Firefox handles mail functions from within Firefox.

1. At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click on the ToolsFirefoxEdit menu, and select Options...Preferences....
                    2. Select the Applications panel.
                    3. Search for the Content-type: mailto and select it.
                    4. Click on the Actions column in the mailto row, to change the action.