7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2008 6:42 PM by (Jim_Jütte)

ODBC ERROR MESSAGE

I KEEP GETTING AN ODBC ERROR MESSAGE EVRYTIME I TRY TO IMPORT PICTURES SAYING THE SEARCH KEY COULD NOT BE FOUND IT ALL STARTED LIKE MAYBE LAST WEEK I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANY SUGGESTINS PLEASE HELP I TRIED MDAC FROM MICROSOFT AND RESTARTING BUT THAT DIDNT WORK EITHER
        • 1. Re: ODBC ERROR MESSAGE
          Level 1
          Hi Earl,

What are you trying to import the images from?

Cheers
          • 2. Re: ODBC ERROR MESSAGE
            Level 1
            Repair the catalog in which you are importing the images.You can repair the catalog by going to Filr->Catalog->Repair.
            Or try making a new catalog and then importing the images.
            • 3. Re: ODBC ERROR MESSAGE
              Level 1
              Hi Saurabh,

I don't think he can do that is PSA SE.

Cheers
              • 4. Re: ODBC ERROR MESSAGE
                Level 1
                Thanks Jim for pointing this out.
                Is is possible to open the catalog database in MSACCESS and then perform some repair operation from there?
                • 5. Re: ODBC ERROR MESSAGE
                  Level 1
                  If he has MS Access or OpenOffice Base, this would certainly be an
                  option. It is a matter of his experience. I'm in the process of creating
                  some instructions on how to work with this, but unfortunately, this is
                  more of a hobby for me... in other words, I still have to put bread on
                  the table in my "real job". :)

Cheers
                  • 6. Re: ODBC ERROR MESSAGE
                    I am getting the error message "The ODBC data source returned the following error; (internal error:data not found)" when I try to import photos.

I can view the photos (and tags) I have moved, but cannot add to that collection.

I have seen in these forums (below)solution is to Remove Windows XP service pack 2, and re-install it. BUT I think I can only remove Serice Pack 3 from my version of Windows.

Will the fix work by removing and re-installing SP3? Or is there a better fix? HELP!

I am really keen to get a FIX for this as my wife needs access to the photos for her artwork.

I have just moved about 10,000 pictures (in Adobe Photoshop Album Starter edition) from an old PC (failing hard drive) to a new one.

>>>>>>>>
                    narya - 10:09pm Apr 7, 05 PST (#1 of 2)

Please try reinstalling the Service Pack 2 according to the instructions in this Adobe techdoc:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331094.html

The document is written for PSElements 3, but we have reason to believe it also applies to PSAlbum (SE).

>>>>>>>>>

Will the fix work by removing and re-installin SP3?
                    • 7. Re: ODBC ERROR MESSAGE
                      Level 1
                      Hi Johnathan,

I don't know if that is actually the problem. Can you describe for me
                      precisely the steps you are carrying out and I'll see if I can help out.
                      I'm not encountering any problems and am using the same OS, but it might
                      be WHAT you are doing.

Did you try for example instead to do a backup and restore or just a
                      copy and paste when you moved the images and application.

Cheers