3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2009 8:25 AM by (Jim_Jütte)

printing without tab

I've been trying in vain to print a photo without that tab on the end. I pick 4x6 (NOT 4x6 with tab), clicked the no border box, clicked fit page, and any other thing I can find, even tried 4x6 index card. I still get that stupid tab.

Any suggestions how to get rid of it?

Thanks
      Nanci
        • 1. Re: printing without tab
          Level 1
          Hi Nanci,

I'm not following you, when you refer to "tab." Can you take me through
          the steps you are taking to print?

Cheers
          • 2. Re: printing without tab
            Level 1
            There is a white strip, about 1/2 inch wide, that prints down the right hand side. I open the picture. Doesn't seem to matter what program I use. I go to the print option. I've tried checking off the box for "fill paper", I've set the paper option to 4x6. I have an option for 4x6 with tab, but I make sure I don't use it. I've tried printing checking off the "no margin" box. When I use that, the only paper size option I get for small paper is 4x6 with tab. I tried printing using the 4x6 index card option. No matter what I do, I get a 1/2 inch strip down the right side. When I check "no margin", the tiny white space on the other three sides disappears and it prints to the edges, but I can not get rid of the stupid white strip down the right side. It's become extremely frustrating.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: printing without tab
              Level 1
              Hi Nanci,

For some printers they cannot print beyond a certain point, but this
              might not be your problem. 1/2 of an inch is huge even for normal printers.

Do you have a word processor to test this out on? For example Open
              Office Writer or MS Word? Change the margin to 1/4 of an inch and see if
              it still does it. We will go from there.

Cheers