3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2009 4:55 AM by (Jim_Jütte)

How do I do File/New in Photoshop Album Starter?

Problem is that when I open Photoshop Album Starter 3.2 by the icon, it automatically goes into My Catalogue -- and you cannot access File/New in the drop down under File -- so how do I get out of My Catalogue?

Pls help!!!
        • 1. Re: How do I do File/New in Photoshop Album Starter?
          Level 1
          Hi Tara,

"My Catalog" is a container where you can add your images. Please provide more details about why you want to exit My Catalog and I will try to answer your query. Also, are you trying to open a file using File/New or create a new catalog?

~Vibha~
          • 2. Re: How do I do File/New in Photoshop Album Starter?
            Level 1
            thank you Vibha -- I am trying to follow instructions from a company to whom I will send an original artwork image that I scanned. They suggest using Adobe Photoshop, a program in which you can change the color mode to CMYK. The way they say to do this is to go to File, and then New, and then proceed from there, etc, etc to change the color mode. My Catalogue which is the only window that comes up when I click into Photoshop Starter Edition 3.2(the only version of Adobe Photoshop that I have). Do I have to get a more sophisticated version of Adobe Photoshop, or is there a way to get out of My Catalogue. I don't know how to get out of it -- I can't find a button or click or link or option that lets me out of it

Thx
            • 3. Re: How do I do File/New in Photoshop Album Starter?
              Level 1
              Hi Tara,

I think you need to explain very specifically your workflow. Adobe
              Photoshop CS4 is a professional image editing software that will meet
              anyone's needs, but it might exceed your's as well as your budget. There
              is a "hybrid" which is still VERY powerful, but is a fraction of the cost.

From what I see here, Photoshop Elements 7.0 will do what you need, but
              again, if you could describe your workflow that would go a long way to
              our (by our I mean us end-users) helping you out.

Cheers