5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2005 2:32 AM by (Anthony_W_Thompson)

Emailing Problems

I am having problems using Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3 to send email via Hotmail.I am running Windows XP. I select a photo then email, I get a popup registration for logging into Hotmail , Hotmail opens and the file seems to be attached and it sends OK but when I click on the attachment from my email it goes to download attachment I then select download and then nothing happens. A new screen opens up with a blank and no photo.Can someone please help me?
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Emailing Problems
          smriti mehra Adobe Employee
          Hi Anthony,

Are you able to send pictures from your hotmail directly? Try to attach a picture from your hotmail client directly and see what happens.It should work the same way using Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition.

Thanks,
          Smriti
          • 2. Re: Emailing Problems
            Level 1
            Dear Smirti
            I tried with Hotmail attaching a photo and sent it by email. It worked when I attached a jpeg file but it was a little strange as the first photo opened up on the email but on the second attempt it showed a red cross in a small box in the email but when I clicked on the attachment it opened the photo up in another window OK.
            When I tried again with Adobe I got the message at the bottom of the page "Done with errors on the page" and the file size of the attachment showed as <0.01Mb when I then clicked on the attachment before sending it show in the next window the file size to be 0.6 Mb and when clicking OK it went back to the email and show the attachment as 0.6Mb but when I sent it it arrived as a file <0.01Mb and would not open in a new window.
            This happened again on the second attempt except I did not get the initial "Done with errors on the page mesage".
            Thanks for you reply and I hope you can help me solve this problem.
            Tony T
            • 3. Re: Emailing Problems
              Level 1
              Dear Smriti
              I made some changes to security settings under Tools to enable Active X in Hotmail this allowed me to download and install the Upload picture tool for Hotmail and it worked fine. But when I tried again to go via Adobe Photoshop Album I got problems with the attachment showing only 0.01Mb at the beginning and the end but if I attached a separate photo jpeg file outside of Adobe on the same4 email it worked fine.
              Help still required.
              Tony T
              • 4. Re: Emailing Problems
                smriti mehra Adobe Employee
                Hi Anthony,

I was having a similar problem few days back with the Hotmail client. Its working fine for me now. I am able to attach pics from Photoshop Album and send through hotmail.Please see if you can send/attach pics now.

Thanks,
                Smriti
                • 5. Re: Emailing Problems
                  Level 1
                  Dear Smriti
                  It works fine now for me too.I was amazed after having tried so often before without success. It must have been a Hotmail problem as you said.
                  Thankyou very much for your help and concern Smriti it was very much appreciated.
                  Regards
                  Tony T